Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Every once and a while... are they 12? nope full grown men

[ QUOTE ]
these are probably the guys sitting there eatting cheese balls, haven't shaved in 3 days, have a beer belly popping out of their newly purchased No Fat Chicks Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Can you see me? That's kind of creepy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these are probably the guys sitting there eatting cheese balls, haven't shaved in 3 days, have a beer belly popping out of their newly purchased No Fat Chicks Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Can you see me? That's kind of creepy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to think of mine as an industrial size beer containment device

And as for the link, my future wife's pic is in there. We're not married yet because of some problems with paperwork, I can't get the restraining order removed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to offend you, but this is poker - get used to it or find another hobby.
my 2c

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah u offend me. This is not a jusitification.

I should clarify.. I am talking about being a JERK not joking around I am not being picky here I mean being totaly rude and disrespectful... behavior which is never acceptable anywhere any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, I guess I was confused about you and your point. I see it now, you just have a general disdain for all "jerks" who actually are jerks. Nothing you can do about that. Poker, especially at the lower stakes, will have a lot more degens and douche bags than say flight school or a running club (other hobbies). Poker has the buttheads just like every other group. I know, it's tough to get away.

and BTW, I'm rather offended that you didn't take my post seriously in regards to (what appeared to be) a serious post from you.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and BTW, I'm rather offended that you didn't take my post seriously in regards to (what appeared to be) a serious post from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I am confused, but I am sorry I see now you were not trying to be offsensive and likewise don't mean to offend you.

edit: Maybe one of the problems is that it is easy to misconstrue what people are trying to say online. Whereas in person you have more insight into how they are presenting themselves. You have their tone of voice, facial expersions and mannerisms, and here you just see the typed words which you can apply a different tone and connotation in your head. I mean this in response to your comments and not in relation to the complaint I have about some of the comments on here which are pretty clear in their meanings.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:55 PM

Janelle,
mk, we're cool.
"in person you have more insight into how they are presenting themselves. You have their tone of voice, facial expressions and mannerisms"
this is why I play WAY more live than online.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:00 AM

[ ] thread delivers

Seriously, wtf? BBV4life type discussions are just so totally standard male (especially teenage) behaviour, that I don't understand you at all. There's kind of social pressure for men to be "rude, nasty, malicious and stupid", and these people mostly try to act like what they think real men act like. Also, on most forums here that type of posting is not accepted/common.

Women are generally even more affected by social pressure.