Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Lindgren\'s $340k Golf Prop Bet Today

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if the smart strategy would be to carry a sunday bag with just the D,W,3,5,7,9,W,P I'm tired just thinking of this feat

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need all your clubs. I'd hate to have to play the last 2 holes at +1 and not have the right club for my approach shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he needs more than a 7-iron and putter, but having all your clubs in going make things a lot worse than having less. Walking with a full bag over a course 4 times is going to cause a lot of back problems, which will make his shots worse than using the wrong club. I think having a D,W,3,5,7,W,P.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with this view now. Great prop bet. These guys help make Vegas Vegas in my eyes.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the par for the course?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bears Best LV homepage

Par is 72.

Note that this is a course of 18 of Jack Nicklaus' most famous holes. There is another Bears Best in Atlanta where I live. Played it twice. First time I ever had a forecaddie.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 PM

Since he's playing to break 100, not to get the best score, and if he's a good long iron player, he can just take a 2 iron off the tee on the final 18, and just play for bogeys. Some hole's he might even make a nice chip and get pars. It would take double bogey and worse out of play.

Don't know anything about his play, whether he can chip or putt, but maybe he's a bad driver, and the rest of his game is ok.

Only drawback is that the course is pretty long. If it was 6800 yards, it'd be a lot easier.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huck Seed won a $35K prop bet where he had to shoot under 100 four times in one day. The first round, he shot 100. The next 4 he was under, so he won.

His score improved every round.

If Huck Seed can play 5 rounds, why is it so impossible for Lindgren to play 4? I think he is the favorite now.

Also, Huck Seed did it on a very hot summer day in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know nothing about golf but that seems pretty amazing to me [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] More updates please! These fun prop bets totally pwn unimaginative degens flipping for $$$

[/ QUOTE ]He only used like 3 clubs. A sand wedge, some iron, and a putter. Hardcore
Old 06-27-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since he's playing to break 100, not to get the best score, and if he's a good long iron player, he can just take a 2 iron off the tee on the final 18, and just play for bogeys. Some hole's he might even make a nice chip and get pars. It would take double bogey and worse out of play.

Don't know anything about his play, whether he can chip or putt, but maybe he's a bad driver, and the rest of his game is ok.

Only drawback is that the course is pretty long. If it was 6800 yards, it'd be a lot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

most 15 handicappers cant hit a 2 iron very well
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 PM

updates??
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...

I'd consider taknig this bet for around 5k if anyone wants to offer but in California.

I'm about a 12-15 handicap

[/ QUOTE ]

If we make the number 92 and the course The Ranch I might be able to find some people to take the bet.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me a tiny bit about an old prop bet of Titanic Thompson's. He was America's top paid golfer for a long time because of his gambling. On a really long match, he allowed his opponent three shots off the tee. After a while, the guys arms were tired and his shots were off.

[/ QUOTE ]

lulz, brilliant
Old 06-27-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...

I'd consider taknig this bet for around 5k if anyone wants to offer but in California.

I'm about a 12-15 handicap

[/ QUOTE ]

If we make the number 92 and the course The Ranch I might be able to find some people to take the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make the bet if I chose the course, and you fly me out to watch. I also expect hotel and food.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 PM

Are there updates on that Raw Vegas site, I can't find anything