Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: ******November Goals Thread******

I've met in HU such an awfull personalities. They talk [censored], hitnrun,losenrun, coming back, doing it over again. It made me micro-tilt in form of berating them back and even berating another good players joined my game
So my main goals are:
1) Stop berating people!!! Respect them and not beeing an ass to them when I keep winning from them, even after they've been talking bunch of [censored].
2)To say WP to the guy bluffing me out often and showing bluffs, let not boost his ego and not lower my intelligence.
3)Keep table select
4)Quit good players asap( but to play them when no fish around in order to learn from them)
5)Manage to play poker on regular basis and login at least 1,5k/day at the rate of 8ptbb/100 at NL50
6)I've been overrolled for NL100, but decided to spend more time learning the game at NL50, taking it slowly.
7)Make less bluffs, make more call-downs, because people at NL50 90% are inclined into more of a calling-stations mode, rather then thinking logically.
8)Stop making desicions on turn and river using 2 levels higher then an opponent. Just be [censored] str8 against them, it works like 100% of the time.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:51 PM

Apparently I need to set a goal of digging out of the hole I've already fallen into in the first two days of the month.

Being a 40% winner over 40-ish games just isn't going to cut it. :/
Old 11-02-2007, 03:56 PM

Hi guys, I'm new here. I normally play 6max cash games and tried NL HU SnG's a few weeks ago. I really like em, they're fun and I think I already improved my overall poker game. Especially when it comes to playing disciplined and not tilting. I play the $55's atm.

My goals:
1. Play a lot (200-300 would be REALLY great)
2. Win a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
3. Improve my game

GL you all
emkay
Old 11-02-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Stop limping on the button trying to play small ball only to fold to a 3xBB raise afterwards. Nobody plays [censored] small ball in HU. NOBODY. seeing a lot of cheap flops is just not possible. It sucks so badly because I love to play small pots, but whatever. I need to either fold or raise. I like limping on the button to mix things up. It hardly ever works - BB always raises 3x afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then start limp-reraising your big hands.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

I think establishing Chrismystero as the most frequently busto 2+2'er of all time is extremely important. It probably deserved its own thread and should have been cross-posted across all of 2+2. Congratulations again, Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, your goal is going out the window too:

I have been busting my roll about 2-4 times a month since July. The tilt never stops. Here is August. Guess how many rebuys this took:

Yes, that is a 750 BB downswong over 20k at 6-max Limit. Notice how there was like no f*ing variance. Anyways, I quit playing for a while after that. Graph shows 37k hands.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 PM

This thread got me thinking. I guess my only real poker goal should be to imrpove. If I just keep getting better the results will follow. I also managae to make enough time to play so # of games isn't really a goal.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

I think establishing Chrismystero as the most frequently busto 2+2'er of all time is extremely important. It probably deserved its own thread and should have been cross-posted across all of 2+2. Congratulations again, Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure...but this seems Custom Title worthy...
Old 11-02-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure...but this seems Custom Title worthy...

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 11-07-2007, 08:09 PM

yep, I fail at my goal.

Bustoed my Stars account in an hour to a luckbox at 1/2 PLO who never missed a river ever ever ever.

Also my FTP account got frozen for some reason. I may be completely online busto in a day!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:44 AM

Maintain 20% ROI @ 22HU with at least 500 games played