Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Genarlow Wilson -- Georgia is insane

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my attempt:

Statutory rape is the crime of sexual contact in any orifice by a person over the age of 18 years of age to a person under the age of 16 but over the age of 14, providing the minor is no more than four years younger than the accused.

Only 49 words.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty solid.

Also, I edited my post above yours after you replied. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 03:57 AM

TITLE 11. CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 1. SEXUAL OFFENSES
O.C.M.A. § 11-1-1 (1934)

§ 11-1-1. Statutory rape

1. Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

That works too. Can't you marry your cousin over there?

BTW, I'm going to start using a disclaimer in this thread to keep me from getting in the [censored]:

The opinions expressed in this post are the opinions of DblBarrelJ, and do not in anyway represent the State of Georgia, the State of Alabama, nor the opinions of the Georgia Department of Corrections.

The opinions expressed here in, furthermore, are the opinions of a Law Enforcement professional, and are in no way meant to replace legal advice from an attorney.

Well?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what the law is on it....but I know of it happening on a few occasions between various 1st cousins. Mainly older generation folks and what not.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, I'm going to start using a disclaimer in this thread to keep me from getting in the [censored]:

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah....I doubt the need, unless you were the AO, his CO, or are his PO....otherwise you're just a plain old LEO.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what the law is on it....but I know of it happening on a few occasions between various 1st cousins. Mainly older generation folks and what not.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah....I doubt the need, unless you were the AO, his CO, or are his PO....otherwise you're just a plain old LEO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.. He was in my prison, although, to the best of my knowledge, he was never sent upstairs to Max where I work. He seemed well behaved, I know many CO's were very proud to see him released today, and several of the female CO's were a bit teary eyed, as well as a few males.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Enough already bro.

I mean, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(And yes, ALawPoker...before you get your knickers in a twist and go on a rampage....I made the above criminal code up...and it is not a statement of fact.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You act as if I'm the one throwing the hissy fit. lol.

I could hardly be any more disinterested with this whole charade, let alone have my "knickers in a twist" over it. The whole tangent is beyond pointless and all you have to do is read your first post to know you made something up. Just because you keep making massive posts whining to me doesn't mean that *I* am getting worked up.

The only reason I even bother replying is that your squirm attempts really entertain me. But yes, I am perfectly happy to let this engaging argument go. I'm going to bed soon anyways.

Also, don't take things so personally. Goodnite.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, don't take things so personally. Goodnite.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Nite.

*kiss*

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 01:28 PM

How many teenagers do you know that study and read and know all state laws regarding sexual relationships? I doubt Genarlow Wilson was one of them. Do you really think that in the heat of the moment it dawned on him to go find out what the legal reprocussions of his actions with this teenage girl would be or that he ever be arrested for it???? No, I didn't think so. So, how was he to know what his state had in mind for him.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:51 PM

What pisses me off the most is that, if he had intercourse with the 15 year old, he would have received a far lighter penalty, but oral sex gets him 10 years.

[ QUOTE ]
The 17-year old was not seen on tape consenting, and prosecutors stuck by the rape charge in that case on the basis of their allegation that she was too intoxicated to consent, ie, unable to consent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect.

"I mean it wasn't even an hour," said jury forewoman Marie Manigault. "We immediately saw the tape for what it was. We went back and saw it again and saw what actually happened and everybody immediately said not guilty."

link

I took exception to your incredulity at his rape aquital and your statement "the video shows him screwing a girl while shes practically knocked out unconscious and unable to consent."

The video is precisely what acquitted him of the rape charge. I think we can all at least agree that he was overly punished, severely.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:28 PM

Georgia is not safe.

I heard that they just let a sex offender out of prison.

The children are no longer safe in Georgia.

Can I get an "Amen" here?

How can you possibly be in favor of sex offenders?

<font color="white">Of course this dude aint really a sex offender in an honest sense, but politicians can't be elected unless they say they are against sex offenders, so tough luck to any other dudes who don't have a big publicity machine working for their release.
</font>
Old 10-28-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Georgia is not safe.

I heard that they just let a sex offender out of prison.

The children are no longer safe in Georgia.

Can I get an "Amen" here?

How can you possibly be in favor of sex offenders?

<font color="white">Of course this dude aint really a sex offender in an honest sense, but politicians can't be elected unless they say they are against sex offenders, so tough luck to any other dudes who don't have a big publicity machine working for their release.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would like to make it clear that this case is an exception, not the rule. The politicians, as much as I hate to say it, were rightfully careful here. People that really do hurt children deserve everything the courts do to them and everything that happens to them after they're incarcerated, and then some.