Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: All-in mucks, need to show?

Please. Rule #2 is Rule #1 for me. I just laughed, showed my hand, and moved on. No way in hell am I mucking a hand before being awarded the pot.

Thanks for the responses. I talked with the floor today, and they were like, "uh, you get the pot, duh."
Old 05-17-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I talked with the floor today, and they were like, "uh, you get the pot, duh."

[/ QUOTE ]
There seems to be a very regular and very understandable reluctance by floor people to answer when called upon to do what-if's. "Well what if I'd mucked anyway" is going to be normally be answered with "you didn't muck so it doesn't matter" rather than a useful answer.

Usually when people ask what-if's they're annoyed or upset and there's just no upside to the floor for playing along. And if you take their answer and run back to the table doing "I told you so's" and ticking off the players and dealers there's a downside (or worse, run to the floor's boss saying "floor1 said X but floor2 said Y and your idiot dealer said XYZZY!").

You can try slipping the floor a few bucks when he gives you real answers. They're kinda like trainable lab rats and will figure out there IS an upside to answering and long as you don't then use their answer to stir up trouble you can keep getting real answers in the future. Or just be enough of a regular the floor trusts you not to be an ass if you hear an answer you like or don't like that disagrees with someone else's ruling.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 AM

Well, I work in the room, and generally only bring these up with a couple of guys that I know to at least be smarter about everything (they're also the best players, non-coincidentally). They're happy to play the hypothetical game, and they know I want the game to move on as smoothly as possible and will always protect my hand. But I can see how most wouldn't get the same types of responses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 03:04 AM

Canterbury Card Club instituted that you can't win at showdown without showing both cards.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Usually when people ask what-if's they're annoyed or upset and there's just no upside to the floor for playing along. And if you take their answer and run back to the table doing "I told you so's" and ticking off the players and dealers there's a downside (or worse, run to the floor's boss saying "floor1 said X but floor2 said Y and your idiot dealer said XYZZY!").

[/ QUOTE ]

And then the "idiot dealer" is teleported back to the building with the well? I guess that might or might not be helpful. Or the annoying player could be!