Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Ron Paul

I think a Ron Paul Presidency, although a long shot at this point, would be great for online poker. I saw a headline on MSN when I logged on a few minutes ago, directing me to a poll on tonight's Republican Presidential debate. According to these poll results, Paul did well for himself. Did anyone see this?

Here is the link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18436681/?GT1=9951
Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
I think a Ron Paul Presidency, although a long shot at this point, would be great for online poker. I saw a headline on MSN when I logged on a few minutes ago, directing me to a poll on tonight's Republican Presidential debate. According to these poll results, Paul did well for himself. Did anyone see this?

Here is the link:

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely nothing more reliable in politics today than an insta-poll on MSNBC.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here is the link:

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely nothing more reliable in politics today than an insta-poll on MSNBC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well. . . I didn't exactly say it was the most reliable indicator, however, I am encouraged that he is even on the radar at this point, presumably by viewers of the actual debate.

Les
Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 PM

Paul stood out on the stage in comparison to the rest of the candidates because in large part he was the only republican to vote against the war. He is uniquely libertarian in his views when compared to the other candidates so he appeals to that segment of the conservatives. All that being said he stands absolutely zero chance of winning. Zero. I'll be voting for him in the primary, but I don't imagine there will be a ground swell for his candidacy. Remember he ran for president as a nominee of the Libertarian party back in '88 i believe. In the nearly 20 years since then he has not really carved out a great national following. IMO there are only currently 3 candidates who could get the nomination (Guliani, McCain, and Romney) and only 1 or 2 others not in the race (Fred Thompson and Hagel) who could even make waves.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:53 AM

McCain is a dead man walking, and I have doubts about Romney's ability to withstand the bright lights. (Dude, Battlefield Earth?) I still think that Huckabee is the darkhorse if Thompson and Hagel abstain. IMO.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:26 AM

www.drudgereport.com (notoriously conservative) has a poll listing Paul as #3 behind Romney and Giuliani. I have no problem with this. Poll over 79k.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:13 PM

For those of you who are Ron Paul fans (as am I) Fox-TV is denying Ron Paul to be in the South Carolina Presidential Debate. I think he would be the best thing to ever happen to poker. If you do too, then please write or call Fox News and tell them to include Ron Paul in the May 15th debate.

Here is a nice message to send to them:
"As a loyal Fox viewer I ask that you include Ron Paul in the South Carolina Debate. I feel Dr. Ron Paul embodies the true ideals our nation stands for, and his views and plans need to be heard. Please remain the Fair and Ballanced network by including Dr. Ron Paul, otherwise I will find my news elsewhere."

Here is where to send it or call:
TO CALL FOX NEWS CHANNEL:
1-888-369-4762
TO E-MAIL COMMENTS:
Comments@foxnews.com AmericasNewsroom@foxnews.com Beltway@foxnews.com
Myword@foxnews.com
Bigstory-weekend@foxnews.com
Bigstory-weekend@foxnews.com
Bullsandbears@foxnews.com Cash@foxnews.com
Cavuto@foxnews.com
Fncimag@foxnews.com
Forbes@foxnews.com
Friends@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com Feedback@foxnews.com
Jamie@foxnews.com
Feedback@foxnews.com
Fncspecials@foxnews.com
FNS@foxnews.com
Newswatch@foxnews.com
Foxreport@foxnews.com
Foxreport@foxnews.com
Atlarge@foxnews.com
Hannityandcolmes@foxnews.com
Heartland@foxnews.com
JER@foxnews.com
Lineup@foxnews.com
Martha@foxnews.com
Ontherecord@foxnews.com
Oreilly@foxnews.com
Redeye@foxnews.com
Special@foxnews.com
Studiob@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com
Cavuto@foxnews.com
Hemmer@foxnews.com
colonelscorner@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com
Fatherjonathan@foxnews.com
Drmanny@foxnews.com
Lisonlaw@foxnews.com
Housecall@foxnews.com
Comments@foxnews.com
Old 05-06-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"As a loyal Fox viewer I ask that you include Ron Paul in the South Carolina Debate. I feel Dr. Ron Paul embodies the true ideals our nation stands for, and his views and plans need to be heard. Please remain the Fair and Balanced network by including Dr. Ron Paul, otherwise I will find my news elsewhere."

[/ QUOTE ]
Spell-check your e-mail first, though.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"As a loyal Fox viewer I ask that you include Ron Paul in the South Carolina Debate. I feel Dr. Ron Paul embodies the true ideals our nation stands for, and his views and plans need to be heard. Please remain the Fair and Balanced network by including Dr. Ron Paul, otherwise I will find my news elsewhere."

[/ QUOTE ]
Spell-check your e-mail first, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Sorry.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Paul's popularity in online polls says more about the libertarian bent of the internet than it does about Paul. My money says Giuliani will win the primary, in which case I hopw whoever the Dems put up can beat that authoritarian [censored].