Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Fact finding mission. LA vs ATL

t0ne,
There's a shuttle on Veteran that takes you to the campus. If you walk to Midvale and Wilshire (or somewhere around there) there is a shuttle every 15 minutes, I believe. Also, that area is good because it's on the south of Wilshire so you save a lot of money.

Also, once your girlfriend gets her school account (BOL) you can access the UCLA Career website to look for jobs and internships. There are a lot of postings and much better than the flooding of advertisements from Monster and Hotjobs today. (There's also professional networking site like Doostang but I don't really like it)
Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM

that area kicks ass cuz u can see movies at the fox theatre which has a ginormous screen
Old 07-28-2007, 09:45 PM

Currently in Albuquerque, NM after getting to exciting Sallisaw, OK last night.

Travel Gambling update:
My gf like to buy scratch-off tickets in the different states we get to. We started doing this in Oklahoma yesterday. Running tally:

OK
Her: 5 $2 tickets, won nothing
Me: 1 $2 ticket, win $21

TX
Her: 2 $2 tickets, won nothing
Me: 2 $3 tickets, win $50

NM
Her: 2 $3 tickets, won nothing
Me: 2 $2 tickets, won $10

I basically run these states.

The trick is to pick the tickets that have some version of blackjack on them, and not the gimmicky ones like Monopoly.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've lived in westwood for almost 6 years now. 4 years undergrad at UCLA + 1 year masters + almost 1 year working.

My roommate from my 3rd year and old high school buddy is finishing his first year at UCLA med school right now. He lives with his long time girlfriend near Hilgard and Le Conte in Westwood, which is like a 5 minute walk from his classes. Pays around 1200 for a cozy 1 bedroom. I live in the westwood north village, and my roommate and I pay 1900 for a 2 bedroom. We found these places on www.westsiderentals.com, which I highly recommend. We just used someone else's account who signed up already, but it's well worth the 60 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that westsiderentals was not really worth it as almost every place on that site is listed on craigslist as well. also it seems to have way more than its fair share of crappy apartments in inglewood.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've lived in westwood for almost 6 years now. 4 years undergrad at UCLA + 1 year masters + almost 1 year working.

My roommate from my 3rd year and old high school buddy is finishing his first year at UCLA med school right now. He lives with his long time girlfriend near Hilgard and Le Conte in Westwood, which is like a 5 minute walk from his classes. Pays around 1200 for a cozy 1 bedroom. I live in the westwood north village, and my roommate and I pay 1900 for a 2 bedroom. We found these places on www.westsiderentals.com, which I highly recommend. We just used someone else's account who signed up already, but it's well worth the 60 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that westsiderentals was not really worth it as almost every place on that site is listed on craigslist as well. also it seems to have way more than its fair share of crappy apartments in inglewood.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess YMMV, but neither my place nor my friend's place were on craigslist.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The relationship is the least of my concerns honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops.

However, now I get to think about possibly living somewhere else again. Suggestions?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 PM

Woah, sorry to hear about the relationship.

So are you just moving for the sake of moving? Or you don't want to go back to ATL?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:24 PM

At least we got it all out of the way before I got tied down to LA and then was kinda stranded with a lease and a job and nothing else. Nothing really went wrong, it just didn't work out, it happens. We both gave it an honest chance.

Moving back to Atlanta is an option but, goddamn driving back across the country (alone) would suck. Since my car is neither paid off nor in my name, even though I've been making the payments, I'd have to get my mom to fly out here and sell the car if I wanted to go that route and fly back. Similarly, I've decided to leave the furniture that was mine here because it's all old, and I refuse to carry some of this stuff back down stairs and drive a truck again.

I'm very mobile right now.

I thought about going back to Atlanta the long way. Driving up the coast, the back across the country. But that costs money too. One of the issues is that I don't have enough cash to pay for a deposit and first month's rent at most places around here. I have the available credit to live, but not get started without a job. And, if I get a job, I'm pretty much tying myself to an area. It looks bad enough that my first job only lasted 7 months, I don't want to make that a pattern.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least we got it all out of the way before I got tied down to LA and then was kinda stranded with a lease and a job and nothing else. Nothing really went wrong, it just didn't work out, it happens. We both gave it an honest chance.

Moving back to Atlanta is an option but, goddamn driving back across the country (alone) would suck. Since my car is neither paid off nor in my name, even though I've been making the payments, I'd have to get my mom to fly out here and sell the car if I wanted to go that route and fly back. Similarly, I've decided to leave the furniture that was mine here because it's all old, and I refuse to carry some of this stuff back down stairs and drive a truck again.

I'm very mobile right now.

I thought about going back to Atlanta the long way. Driving up the coast, the back across the country. But that costs money too. One of the issues is that I don't have enough cash to pay for a deposit and first month's rent at most places around here. I have the available credit to live, but not get started without a job. And, if I get a job, I'm pretty much tying myself to an area. It looks bad enough that my first job only lasted 7 months, I don't want to make that a pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool places to move to if your not looking to go all the way back to Atl.

San Diego,CA
Scottsdale,AZ
Denver,CO
San Fran,CA
Old 08-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Tone,

I need a roommate. Hi. Seattle is totally close.

Also that sucks.