Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 04:04 AM

Default Re: My Idea, Cross posted in the Mid Stakes Limit Forum.

I really don't think anyone knows what the hell they consider because these offers seem only vagely related to actual previous game-play.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:18 AM

Do happy hour points count towards this? I really hope so, but the email says this: " * All points are regular points only (Bonus points do not count). Promotion week is Wednesday through Tuesday for eight separate weeks."

Ugh
Old 02-08-2006, 04:19 AM

Default Re: PARTY POKER : VIPs Acceler-8 your bonuses

Silly question: where does it say you can only earn up to 200% per week? On my account page it says "UMLIMITED WEEKLY EARNINGS" and mentions no 200% per week cap. It implies that I can earn 10x my weekly PP goal for 10x the money.

WOW
Old 02-08-2006, 04:37 AM

PartyGaming said they were going to do this in their quarterly reports. They're experimenting with what bonus it takes to motivate their top 10% of players that make them the most money.

It is stupid for everyone to be posting the points and dollar amount since they are obviously correlating it to your play. e.g. the NL 5/10 6max guy who gets 4 points per 20 raked hands is appearing to get the best "deal", but think of the rake he pays party compared to some limit player getting the same number of points.

I'm pretty sure that they're taking one of my best weeks in the past month, or roughly that, and trying to make me pay them that much in rake every week for 8 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think anyone knows what the hell they consider because these offers seem only vagely related to actual previous game-play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-08-2006, 04:39 AM

E-mail I'm sending to PP:

I was offered $245 for 8990 regular points each week. That works out to 2.72 cents/pt.

I also have read on the 2+2 forum that others received offers that are much more generous amounts per point.

Some examples are:

$275 for 3065 points or 8.91 cents/pt
$310 for 4345 points or 7.13 cents/pt
$110 for 1815 points or 6.06 cents/pt
$405 for 9810 points or 4.12 cents/pt
$345 for 7335 points or 4.70 cents/pt
$445 for 12735 points or 3.5 cents/pt
$335 for 7570 points or 4.42 cents/pt
$1530 for 27,120 points or 5.64 cents/pt

Of course this offer now makes me feel that I am one of your least appreciated high volume players. Why would you make such an obviously insulting offer? You must want me to quit playing on your site. This offer combined with the poor quality of your customer support and your utter lack of commitment to fix the many software flaws that plague your product, may be sufficient to prompt me to do so.

I have been playing on Party poker since October, 2003 but I will now begin researching other poker sites.

---------------------------------------------------------

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 02-08-2006, 05:11 AM

13990 per week for 310 dollars.

HA
Old 02-08-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to PartyPoker.com - The World's Largest Poker Room!

Dear TuristOnTilt,

Welcome to the PartyPoker.com Acceler-8-ator Promotion!

This VIP-ONLY PartyPoints offer is like nothing you.ve seen before. PartPoker.com
presents the "Acceler-8-ator" promotion. This promotion is valid for 8 weeks.

Your regular points target for each week is 1605 and your weekly bonus is $75.

Regular points earned so far this week is: 0

Please visit the My Account page for more details on the promotion.

Thank you for your continuous support of PartyPoker.com. If you have any queries, please write to us at info@PartyPoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Your offer is not competitive Party, I am actually playing less at Party than I would have if they weren't sending me these insulting offers.
I play 15-30 FL in average and pay high rake per hand.
The least they could pay me is the %age they would have paid an affiliate to have me below them, as I am affiliateless.
But Hey, I don't miss Party, much better deals elsewhere.
I Play some tourneys there, and purchase bonuses, but the general bad customer service and lack of ability to do the right thing is a turnoff, and creates negative loyalty.

ToT

PS 4.67 c per point does not even make up for the higher Rake that Party takes compared from Pokerstars in $10-$20.
In fact if you are a Platinum Stars Player, you will pay almost 8c a hand less per hand in Rake in 10-20 that at Party.

ToT
Old 02-08-2006, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that they're taking one of my best weeks in the past month, or roughly that, and trying to make me pay them that much in rake every week for 8 weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, at first you would think that.
But then there are all the folks who say they have been earning over 1k points per day and have been doing so for awhile (or have just joined...or whatever) and their goal is something like only 1500 points for the whole week.

That's why I say there doesn't appear to be much reasoning behind it for some situations.

For me and other cruisers from the late December promotion...it seems they are definitely basing their targets for us on our most productive week.

But it's very curious about the others who play there a lot yet barely have to get many points at all (and some of these folks actually want MORE for their bonus..even with the doubling bit...because they already have been playing significantly more than that)

For me, I earned 25k regular points in a 3 day stretch at the end of December for the cruise.
So this is what I'm getting 'punished' for I guess.

I played 8-10 tables for 52 hours out of a 60 hour stretch (you read that correctly...I barely slept).

Obviously there is no way I'm doing that again.

Looking at my bonus another way:
It's about 4.7 cents per raked-hand. So it's like a $525 with a 21x clearing requirement.

Whereas on the sites I played tonight with high RB and bonuses I was getting 15-20 cents per hand or more.
Of course, this still didn't stop the maniac who caps UTG with K2o from bustinng my AK on flop of KK2.

Crappy bonus from party followed by a ton of crappy beats. Made for a crappy day overall.

I'm really jealous of all you guys who got ridiculously wonderful bonuses.

I'm happy I got my cruise from party....and am happy that there are lots of other sites out there and I can just pick and choose whichever one is going to pay me the most to just show up and play.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:36 AM

$150 for 1960, definately doable.

I love that we can go over the max too, it's definately not unreasonable to hit double that in a week for me.

I was runnin some math earlier, and am loving some figures I am seeing.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:45 AM

Silver or gold?