Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Overpair to paired board on turn

CO is 38/20/2 over 70 hands, BB is 62/0/0,4 over 20 hands

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Overpair to paired board on turn

Oh dear god.

3-bet preflop!!!

As played 3-bet the flop!

Dunno about the turn you are getting 5:1 on a call down and prolly shouldnt worry about BB. It would make perfect sense for CO to play 88-AA and A7 like this. Against that range you are about 30:12. Hmm I guess I call down, but I would never be in this spot and you shouldnt either.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh dear god.

3-bet preflop!!!

As played 3-bet the flop!

Dunno about the turn you are getting 5:1 on a call down and prolly shouldnt worry about BB. It would make perfect sense for CO to play 88-AA and A7 like this. Against that range you are about 30:12. Hmm I guess I call down, but I would never be in this spot and you shouldnt either.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Oink, given the action in recent hands I'm pretty sure this is what would happend if I 3-bet pf against these opponents.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero re-raises</font>,BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9SB, 3 players)
Hero bets, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7,5BB, 3 players)
Hero?

How to proceed?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 AM

I 3-bet this and lead the flop... I think the hand plays differently from there.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:02 AM

with the modified board, I 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with the modified board, I 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, what if you get raised on the turn?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:54 AM

preflopp whats your ide? Your hand is a lot stronger than CO-range and even more a lot stronger thant BB range. Why wouldnt you put as much money as possible in when you are a favorite if you know bb is going to call?
On the flop bb may have hit a pair but is just going to invest his last money in this pot. CO looks like he have a halfdecent hand and wants you out. But Flop is great for you why are you not pumping here with a threebet?
Turn: you havent shown any strenght that screams of TT so CO may very well think you are on a flushdraw or something and try to get rid of you/make you pay. As played earlier I would def calldown the turn against a 38/20/2 guy.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:02 PM

OK, I know I'll get spanked for this but this was my thoughts playing this hand. Preflop i really wanted BB to stay in the hand and contribute with his last money in this pot. Even though i believe he would call a 3-bet with any hand I wanted to make sure he stayed in the hand.

I was surprised to see him bet on the flop but not surprised to se CO raise. Since BB was 1BB from all-in I knew he would put it in the pot now or later. And I really wanted CO to bet again on turn so I could raise him there and extract an extra BB from him. Does everybody think this is horrible play in 1/2?... Go on and spank me...
Old 03-23-2007, 01:04 PM

What the hell are you doing preflop. This is the easiest 3-bet ever. After that, you bet the flop and go from there.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 PM

I think you gotta 3 bet pf but....

I think I call down UI here. BB may be just pissing away his last with overcards but CO may very well have a 7, but also could have A5,A3, pp, or overcards. I think the pots big enough to call down here with a decent holding.