Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Bad Beat

I load up my Wii today to relax a bit before playig in today's Sunday $100 grand on stars. I open Legend of Zelda. My game restores right where I saved it:

- I'm standing in the first room of Level 9.
- I have every necessary item, a full red potion, and all 16 hearts full

I'm ready to beat the game so I can move onto Zelda II and on through all the way to Twilight Princess. I move through a few screens and I get to a room with those nasty blue ghosts that always shoot at you and a few of those guys that look like stacks of pizza that eat Magic Shields. Since I'm not a great gamer, my shield gets eaten. I don't really feel like leaving, running all over and saving up 90 more rupees to buy another, so I decide to reboot the game and restore to the beginning of level 9 again....

- Power off Wii
- Restart Zelda
- The title screen comes up ???
- I hit Start
- There is my character Bats:
- 0 games played, 3 hearts.

NOTHING WAS SAVED!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Bad Beat

Sorry to hear it happened. If you know the game really well you could actually be right back where you want to be in ~4 hours (I'm not joking). As for the magic shield eaters, use your magic wand (w/spell book for flames) to take them out. Just avoid the blue wizards at all costs and use bombs on them when you have to. Also, you know you only have to actually go into less than half of Level-9 to beat it.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:47 PM

Yeah, I know. I'm not very good anymore so it probably took me 5-6 hours to get there instead of 4. Thanks for the magic wand tip.

I used to know level 9 well. I remember it wasn't very hard just to find my way through though.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:09 PM

In case you want it, here's a level 9 map. I know that one can get a little confusing.

Oh, and can't you get your shield back if you kill the .. pancake dudes? I thought they usually dropped it if they ate it.