Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Default wtf spazz, I have AJ-high

1/2 live at foxwoods, awesome game if I can make a pair.
stacks like 150-200$

Background to this hand: 2 hands ago I raised AsQh in late position to $15. Villain limp/called UTG; the other limper folded, spinning up A2o in the process. Flop was 987 two spades, villain threw out a $20 bet after brief thought. I folded.
He played the next hand in a similar manner, taking it down on the turn after making a couple spazzy looking bets.

Now I get A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in LMP and raise to $15. Villain calls in SB, a limper calls also.
Maybe I should be limping to keep the pot small if I'm going to be tortured when I miss the flop?

Flop is 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain says "checked to me?" and bets $20. Obviously there is some disconnect here between his perception and reality. His hand is slightly shaky as he tosses in the chips but I don't know if it's a power rush from the blue streak of bluffing, or he flopped trips. The limper folded and I called. (Should I fold? Raise all-in?)

Turn is a 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] putting up a flush draw. I have the wheel draw and two OC's. With $85 in the pot, villain bets another $20 still with a fast forward arm motion and vibrating hand. I call again.

River brings out a K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and now he puts out $40 in two neat stacks of 20. Something changed, so I folded.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: wtf spazz, I have AJ-high

These tells sound exactly like they came out of Caro's book, except for the shaky hands, but I've had that one reversed on me too.

I think you played it ok.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: wtf spazz, I have AJ-high

n/t