Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Default What are you working?

I don't know if this will take off, but I think it's interesting and would like to hear what other people are doing. I propose we use this thread to update the forum on changes you're making with your swing, why, and the evolving result. I like to hear about that type of thing (maybe I'm alone?), and while it might fit into the "What Did You Shoot Today" thread, I think it's separate enough that this could be good. Might be a good spot for any tips as well.

My first example:
1) For the last two years my shot has ALWAYS been right to left, varying between a nice draw and a nasty hook. Occasionally I'll block one off real bad. The past couple weeks I have been really working on getting a fade into my game. The irons have been hard coming, I think mainly because (especially with long irons) I am having trouble getting the right plane and consistently coming into the ball and an angle that results in a crisp shot (lot of fat shots). Today, though, I took the driver out, set up with an exagerated stance (stance facing way left, slightly open club face), and hit literally 15 close to perfect shots in a row. Will I replicate it? We'll see.

2) I've spent so much time on my swing, my short game (while not horrible) has been very one dimensional: when i'm close to the green, it's a putter-stroke chip. This hasn't hurt me too much, but I'm at the point where I can recognize that having a few more shots at my disposal could shave some strokes. I've been practicing the more wristy SW shot to reduce roll when necessary, and workign on big lob shots. It's frustrating, though, because I have a hard time distinguishing what happened/why between a good shot, and a rocket to the right. It does make practice easier, though, as it's a lot less boring.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: What are you working?

I'm working on not going on life tilt every round I play because I have to wait 5-10 minutes on every tee box. I'm really having problems with this and wonder if I'll ever truly enjoy another non-tournament round.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm working on not going on life tilt every round I play because I have to wait 5-10 minutes on every tee box. I'm really having problems with this and wonder if I'll ever truly enjoy another non-tournament round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get out earlier?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

HP - Where do I begin? I'm working a better shoulder rotation, a better swing plan and using way less wrist action.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get out earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

unpossible [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get out earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the courses I play, it doesn't matter unless you're one of the first couple groups off. They have such great early morning, mid-week deals that it's way more crowded early then any other time.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:22 PM

1) I'm currently working on my tee shots. That is the area that costs me the most strokes. If I could just keep it straight and safe my scores would get a lot better. My problems off the tee range from hooks-slices-and tops. I've got a long way to go...but after posting my swing video here, I've gotten a lot of good tips and insights.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 PM

I'm working on Hogans' secret. Although he didn't really keep it a secret, he told everyone, they just didn't listen to the right thing.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) I'm currently working on my tee shots. That is the area that costs me the most strokes. If I could just keep it straight and safe my scores would get a lot better. My problems off the tee range from hooks-slices-and tops. I've got a long way to go...but after posting my swing video here, I've gotten a lot of good tips and insights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think hitting off the tee is underrated. "Drive for show, putt for dough" might apply at some point, but if you're not consistent off the tee your whole game can go down the toilet. It effects so many things, from being 110 to the green instead of 160, to simply being more confident.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he told everyone, they just didn't listen to the right thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

you funny