Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Tilt 6-max $109, Another Basic PF spot vs. Rizen

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the past two times he's been on the button it's gone raise-fold, i dont think he's going to decide to 4 bet you light here (i think he'd fold AT)

If we had 3bet the A4s hand and taken it down preflop, then i like 3bet calling significantly more.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i'd like it even less then. i feel like after the first 3-bet, a 3-bet 1 orbit later will make him less inclined to play back because he will probably expect us to expect to get less respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

5th level thinking battles? i doubt it, i more think that after he raises the button 3 times and we reraise he jams because stacks are good and we are "playing back".
Old 07-27-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the past two times he's been on the button it's gone raise-fold, i dont think he's going to decide to 4 bet you light here (i think he'd fold AT)

If we had 3bet the A4s hand and taken it down preflop, then i like 3bet calling significantly more.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i'd like it even less then. i feel like after the first 3-bet, a 3-bet 1 orbit later will make him less inclined to play back because he will probably expect us to expect to get less respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

5th level thinking battles? i doubt it, i more think that after he raises the button 3 times and we reraise he jams because stacks are good and we are "playing back".

[/ QUOTE ]

after thinking about it a bit more, you are probably right.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:05 PM

i would 3bet with the intention of calling a shov. I thing 3 betting here with AJ with the intention of folding is horrible. Call is Ok... If u wanna 3bet and fold do it with two random cards... why do u wanna turn ur AJ into 23 ?
Old 07-28-2007, 01:07 AM

Ok, 3-betting is undeniably profitable. Can someone in the "call" camp provide an argument that calling is even more profitable?
Old 07-28-2007, 01:38 AM

i think u should call before u 3-bet because he will fold worse hands and u can probably extract a lot of value from 2nd worse hands(which will outweigh the times the flop comes jt4 and he has jt or whatever) when u hit the flop, or put in a few well timed bluffs. obviously he is sometimes going to win the pot w/ the worst hand, but he's in position so he has an advantage right off the bat.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:59 AM

Why wouldn't he be more apt to think that you are getting tired of him opening button so he'd 4 bet a lot lighter over your 3 bet?

I raise and call a shove.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:07 AM

I'd really like to hear a solid arguement from the call camp why they think its preferable. My auto play is to 3 bet here.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:44 AM

I don't think 3-betting is bad but given the way Rizen is likely to react to our 3-bet I'd much rather 3-bet him with a worse hand and see flops with hands that have so much value but can't call a 4-bet all-in.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think u should call before u 3-bet because he will fold worse hands and u can probably extract a lot of value from 2nd worse hands(which will outweigh the times the flop comes jt4 and he has jt or whatever) when u hit the flop, or put in a few well timed bluffs. obviously he is sometimes going to win the pot w/ the worst hand, but he's in position so he has an advantage right off the bat.

[/ QUOTE ]
After reading this post I put myself in the call camp. Rizen will have to fold a lot of Ax hands to a three bet which is really bad for us.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:54 AM

Calling and bluff shoving (raising) all wet flops and floating and betting every dry one hit or miss is much much more profitable than 3-betting pre, depending on his c-bet % which I can only assume will be relatively unimaginatively high for someone like Rizen and not necessarily on the right boards.