Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 04:11 AM

Default Sam\'s Town - Tunica

To those of you who are in Tunica regularly...

It's been a few years since I last played there, being that the Horseshoe and Goldstrike are much better. What's the spread of games like now? Some friends and I got tickets to see a comedian there in a few weeks. I figured there would be too much drinking to try and stay at another hotel and drive back and forth. So, I got a reservation there and am now committed to 5 hours of play to get the poker rate. What can I expect on a Saturday?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Sam\'s Town - Tunica

I haven't played at Sam's Town for quite some time but I hate to see a post go unreplied.

Last time I played it was a very friendly game with few raises and lots of chasers.

This is a controversial statemnet but I really like their buffet. I might be the only 2+2'r that likes the buffet at Sam's Town. Last time I was there we got in to town Friday in the late afternoon so we were able to pull the buffet angle shoot. Get in late for lunch and eat the fresh hot seafood as they bring it out for the Friday night seafood buffet for the lunch price.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:09 PM

First off, you can expect some sort of lung cancer. It is the only smoking room in Tunica and there are lots of old people. I am kind of biased because I have really bad luck at Sams Town.

Actually, my buddies always make fun of me by saying "You know Chad's down, when he's at Sams Town" because I don't think I have ever won there at anything. 2-4 is the lowest they have, but not much high limit action and a 1-2 Nl game.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:30 PM

You can expect a lot smoke in your face :-(
Old 02-13-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can expect a lot smoke in your face :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoke, so this is of no concern. FWIW, I actually prefer the non-smoking rooms. Even as a smoker, second hand smoke tends to bother me. Plus, when I need a break from paying attention, I have an excuse in the other rooms.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:21 AM

On a Saturday they should be running 2-4, 3-6 and 4-8. Maybe pot-limit or small NL if they can keep it going.

[ QUOTE ]
What can I expect on a Saturday?

[/ QUOTE ]