50001-75000 7 10.61%
75001-100000 5 7.58%
100000-150000 7 10.61%
>150000 12 18.18%
dont care /resutls please 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

Yes it would. Show some balls for a change and start the "Official 07-08 Red Sox WS Champs Off-Season" thread before WS even begins...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 AM

When Pedroia hit that dong in Game Seven vs Cleveland, was anyone else shouting at their tv, "97 mph coming in, 197 mph going out!"?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When Pedroia hit that dong in Game Seven vs Cleveland, was anyone else shouting at their tv, "97 mph coming in, 197 mph going out!"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot that line, but its great. "He's got nothing. He's horrible".

I tell you what though, even Pedroia was feeling the pressure in game 7 (I say "even" like he's a vet, but you know what I mean, he's such a "gamer", as in a Pete Rose mentally tough way, not in a Eckstein physically gay way). But on that double play ball late in the 8th I think, he couldn't get it out of his glove. That was nerves. Lugo did the same thing. Lugo was really tight in fact on a few plays, and at the dish. So was 3rd baseman Blake for Cleveland, I thought he was going to puke out there.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That was nerves. Lugo did the same thing. Lugo was really tight in fact on a few plays,

[/ QUOTE ]

The last four innings of Buchholz' no-no, Lugo approached every ground ball as if someone rolled a hand grenade towards him, and his only escape was to pick it up and get rid of it. You could almost HEAR him thinking, "Don't drop it, don't bobble it, don't drop it, don't bobble it..."

You could accurately describe his body language thusly: "Tight as a piano string."
Old 10-25-2007, 05:32 PM

A couple of these are new to me, maybe they will be to you, too.

On the first day of school a first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Yankees fan.
She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Yankees fans.
Wanting to impress their teacher, everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.
The teacher looks at the girl with surprise, "Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?" "Because I'm not a Yankees
fan," she replied. The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Yankees fan, then who are you a fan of?"
"I am a Red Sox fan, and proud of it," Janie replied. The teacher could not believe her ears.
"Janie, why are you a Red Sox fan?" "Because my mom is a Red Sox fan, and my dad is Red Sox fan, so I'm a
Red Sox fan too!" "Well, "said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Red Sox fan.
You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom were an idiot and your dad were a moron, what would you be then?"
"Then," Janie smiled, "I'd be a Yankees fan."
-----------------------------------------------------
A family of New York Yankee fans headed out one Saturday to shop for the youngest boy's birthday.
While in the sports shop the son picks up a Red Sox jersey and says to his older sister,
"I've decided to become a Red Sox fan and I would like this Boston Red Sox jersey for my birthday."
His big sister is outraged by this and promptly whacks him upside his head and says, "Go talk to mother."
Off goes the little lad with the jersey in hand and finds his mother.
"Mom?"
"Yes, son?"
"I've decided I'm going to be a Red Sox fan and I would like this jersey for my birthday."
The mother is outraged at this, promptly whacks him around the head and says, "Go talk to your father!"
Off he goes with the Red Sox jersey in hand and finds his father.
"Dad?"
"Yes, son?"
"I've decided I'm going to be a Red Sox fan and I would like this jersey for my birthday."
The father is outraged and promptly whacks his son in the back of his head and says, "No son of mine is ever going to b e seen in THAT!"
About half an hour later they're all back in the car and heading towards home. The father turns to his son and says "Son, I hope you've learned something today?"
The son says, "Yes, Dad, I have."
"Good! And what is it you learned?"
The son replies, "I've only been a Red Sox fan for an hour and I already hate you Yankee bastards!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Four baseball fans - a Cubs fan , a Cardinals fan, a Red Sox fan, and a Yankees fan - are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves his team more.
The Cubs fan insists he is the most loyal. "This is for the Cubs!" he yells, and jumps off the side of the mountain.
Not to be outdone, the Cardinals fan shouts, "This is for the Cardinals!" and throws himself off the mountain.
The Red Sox fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells, "This is for everyone!" and pushes the Yankees fan off the mountain.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

A Red Sox fan liked to amuse himself by scaring every Yankees fan he saw strutting down the street in an obnoxious NY pinstripe shirt.
He would swerve his van as if to hit them, then swerve back just missing them.
One day while driving along, he saw a priest.. He thought he would do a good deed, so he pulled over and asked the priest, "Where are you going, Father?"
"I'm going to give Mass at St. Francis church, about two miles down the road," replied the priest.
"Climb in, Father. I'll give you a lift!" The priest climbed into the passenger seat, and they continued down the road.
Suddenly, the driver saw a Yankees fan walking down the road, and he instinctively swerved as if to hit him.
But, as usual, he swerved back onto the road just in time.
Even though he was certain that he had missed the guy, he still heard a loud THUD.
Not knowing where the noise came from, he glanced in his mirrors but still didn't see anything.
He then remembered the priest, and he turned to the priest and said, sorry Father, I almost hit that Yankees fan."
"That's OK," replied the priest "I got him with the door."
Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 PM

found some more of those Red Sox pictures on the private plane to the All Star Game. I only remember seeing the Pap/Mikey cribbage one not the other ones, so I apologize if any or all of these have already been posted earlier:

Old 10-26-2007, 11:42 PM

whos the beast w ortiz?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:45 PM

nice lives
Old 10-27-2007, 12:50 AM

wow, manny needs some of clyde's hair juice, he's goin a little grey
Old 10-27-2007, 03:47 AM

LOL at Paps in a tie, behind Manny in torn jeans and t-shirt.

Is that girl with Beckett the same girl who sang in Cleveland?