Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know you have not made a judgement, but it does seem as though quite a few people already have. I agree we will probably never know, but it is fair to say FT have made mistakes before.....

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you not be certain? Let's review the facts:

1. Sal came under investigation for having stats similar to a CONVICTED BOT!

2. Further investigation showed Sal's stats were in fact similar to the CONVICTED BOT!

Therefore, Sal must be a bot.

Thankfully, the information released didn't confuse the issue with any of that statistical jargon like standard deviations or what not. That kind of talk bores me to tears.

In an unrelated note, I tried to compare my own stats to Sal's. Our preflop raise from the button was within 1%. I'll stick to Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Although I cannot be sure, I would think a lot of the HU High Stakes players have similar stats, there must be more evidence to convict someone than this.... surely???

[/ QUOTE ]
Similar is one thing. What if FT digs into all of their stats, and find everything matches? All of the investigated players/bots play KJ os from the SB exactly the same...A5 flopped trips exactly the same...K8 flopped middle pair exactly the same, etc, etc, etc. I have no idea what they actually found, but I could see how you could use stats alone over many thousands of hands to determine that multiple players are either the same person or bots.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 PM

Note to FTPSean:

Please make soom room in your PM box! (Search for KeePM in ATF, if you want to keep them all on your own computer, automatically.)

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 PM

I know what you are saying, but the data we were shown earlier in the thread was NOT identical, only very similar.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In over 170k hands they never said anything, what makes you believe they really have some other methods of detection, didn't Crazy Mike tip them? The PLAYERS ARE POLICE-ING THE SITE. So when they get tipped the freeze her and then go investigate, the investigation should have been first, not last.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good point. So it took 170K hands for the percentages convergence to become statistically significant? I'd really feel better if I knew some type of bot-detection software triggered the investigation.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In over 170k hands they never said anything, what makes you believe they really have some other methods of detection, didn't Crazy Mike tip them? The PLAYERS ARE POLICE-ING THE SITE. So when they get tipped the freeze her and then go investigate, the investigation should have been first, not last.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one has claimed responsibility for tipping off FT, and Mr. Gatorade has denied doing so, FWIW.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:11 PM

Every time this happens, it's the same MO. Roughly 50 grand lost, OP comes up with some sob story to convince others of their innocence.

Pretty sure this sillysal is guilty as charged. Think of the hundreds of thousands this player must have made before getting caught.. Don't feel bad for him/her.

Sure FTP handled the situation poorly, but in the end they did what they had to do.

BTW, I am 99 percent certain pokergirl is actually a guy. He might have his girlfriend post here, but the owner of the account is definately male.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I am 99 percent certain pokergirl is actually a guy. He might have his girlfriend post here, but the owner of the account is definately male.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know this???
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 PM

well, if it is a bot that can replicate itself sexually, it could explain the similar but slightly different stats
Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, if it is a bot that can replicate itself sexually, it could explain the similar but slightly different stats

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-07-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are many players who use multiple accounts to play, either through family or friends. What point are you trying to make her accusing OP of having multiple accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize this is bad and unethical, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that, but it's a reality. Many sites allow it and as such it can be exploited.