Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 08:02 AM

Default Re: im sick of the \'sad life stories\' during wsop telecasts

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, im a caring and emotional type of guy, but all these sad life stories are too much for me to take. like last week that little tidbit about the guy playing in the wsop is going to die in less than 6 months. and today the little kid with the distorted face. i mean, this is poker, im drunk and high watching this,, this is not Oprah for crying out loud! Seriously. total buzz kill.

ps-- and trust me im not the [censored] type, i just think there is a time and place for everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen LATB but that seems like "just poker". If that is correct maybe you should just watch thatt. But when someone has friends pitch in 10k for someone to play cards who won't be on this Earth in a year I think I can deal with it.

Then you've got DN who bothers a lot of people around here.... does a lot for many people. So you've got this young man who has his body burned up and wants to meet Daniel. What's the big deal? If it bothers you that much go get another beer from the fridge, come on back and enjoy some poker.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you know your ass is cleaner than your hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just surprised that you would admit to this close an examination of his ass.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like the rest of you can't figure out why they think the audiance wnats this. I guess they figure people will grow tired of "pure" poker for the entire broadcast, but heck isn't that why people are tuning in, it is a poker tournament....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is that the field is so huge that its simply impossible to cover as a competitive event (particularly in the early days) in any way that makes sense.

So instead they're looking for stories to tell. Some of the stories are "here's an interesting hand that occurred, although we can't put it into any kind of context because of the size of the field at this point." Some of the stories are ... other things.

--Zetack
Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 PM

I'd rather see clips of Phil Ivey living the baller lifestyle.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:50 PM

I'd rather see Foucault busting cripples.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:20 PM

I thought there was already a thread about "why does Randy Jensen get so much attention"

oops my bad...
Old 08-30-2006, 03:55 PM

I agree with you 100%.. These broadcasts are now only tolerable thanks to the magic of a DVR. A 1 hour broadcast transforms into a 30 minute poker show. I just can't stand all that "feel good" stuff; send it to Harpo Productions, PLEASE!