Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Spartan Workout

[ QUOTE ]
Interview in Men's Health with Gerard Butler from 300

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL@MH. Personally I thought he looked much better in Cradle of Life anyway.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested to see where you heard that they were all on roids. I dont doubt yall just wondering where you heard it from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty common for actors etc. Either that or they just flat out lied about what some guys looked like before. One guy jumped his dead from ~200 to ~350 while losing 30 lbs. Yeah... I don't believe that [censored] show even if he was juicing.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:51 AM

From the Gym responsible:

http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=36

There is no way to definitively know whether or not they were on roids; thus I dont understand why somone would state it as a fact... possible; oh [censored] yeah... fact; no.

There is no way to really know the exact extent of cgi work, etc. I dunno about you but I know no one in that computer editing room.

Hollywood actors in recent years have been showcasing purely visual transitions that are often pretty nuts generally on a short time frame. With millions of dollars in motivation and dedicated staff avaliable in the form of nutritionists and trainers I can imagine a LOT happening in a short time. I also have no doubt that many time steroids are sought after and/or used. I also have no proof as to when those times are.

They still dont drug test everyone in baseball.... and hollywood is less regulated than that.

As such I hardly think results should be called impossible. We can conclude that we simply don't and won't know all the facts. And that training in any manner specifically mentioned in articles about various movies is generally not the best suggestion nor will it assure one of ever looking the part.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested to see where you heard that they were all on roids. I dont doubt yall just wondering where you heard it from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty common for actors etc. Either that or they just flat out lied about what some guys looked like before. One guy jumped his dead from ~200 to ~350 while losing 30 lbs. Yeah... I don't believe that [censored] show even if he was juicing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that common...they lie and use CGI/makeup/lighting to add defenition. They also have much longer than people assume to get fit for a big role.

I.E. Many actors know that they will be filming a boxing movie/300/etc in fall 2008 so they are assigned a trainer, dietician, etc etc etc..all paid by the studio to get them prepped for the role