Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Vending Machines: Continued.

There is this gas station in my town (around 500-600 people) that is hardly ever open. It also has no vending machine outside and there is nothing in the whole town. My question is...how should I approach the gas station owner about letting us put our machine outside? What would be a good amount of profit to offer him for letting us use his space/electricity?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Vending Machines: Continued.

What type of machine do you have?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is this gas station in my town (around 500-600 people) that is hardly ever open. It also has no vending machine outside and there is nothing in the whole town. My question is...how should I approach the gas station owner about letting us put our machine outside? What would be a good amount of profit to offer him for letting us use his space/electricity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he not sell candy/sodas/snacks inside his gas station when he is open? If he does, I would think that the vending maching might be a stretch. Also, I'd be a bit concerned about your machine getting broken into or vandalized if the station is hardly ever open.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 PM

Yea kids breaking to get out pop was a big concern of mine. Yes he does sell those things inside... but I was thinking for more when he wasn't open. I don't own a machine yet but I was going to purchase a bottle pop machine ($1).
Old 03-28-2007, 05:02 PM

If the store wasn't open, why would people go there?

Are there any other local shopkeepers who have some space to rent out in front of their business?

It seems you may drive more sales if you can get the impulse buyers who are doing other errands to purchase from your machine.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:43 PM

This is the only place to buy anything in the whole town (very small) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am saying I would like to put one outside so people could come and get a coke after the station closes.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea kids breaking to get out pop was a big concern of mine. Yes he does sell those things inside... but I was thinking for more when he wasn't open. I don't own a machine yet but I was going to purchase a bottle pop machine ($1).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you buy the machine? Coke or Pepsi will let you use 1 for free as long as you buy their product off the truck. The price is higher but you can buy some from the truck and some at a discount store and they won't mind much.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:42 PM

I was not aware of this. Will they repair it as well or do they have some sort of insurance u can buy?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was not aware of this. Will they repair it as well or do they have some sort of insurance u can buy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I owned a couple laundromats a few years ago and they put the machines in for free. If something happened I called and they were there in hours to fix them. I agreed to buy all the cans off of their delivery truck (at about $6.50 a case I think) but in reality bought about 30%. I bought all the rest at gas stations when they would run the $4.99 specials.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:00 AM

Normal vending percentages are 60/40. 60 going to the vending machine owner.