Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Thremp banning

Ran a search, didn't find anything on his name in here in the last week, so apologies if I missed previous discussion on this.

Thremp was handed a 7-day ban, about six or seven hours ago.

The ban was not correctly documented per published policy, i.e. there is nothing in the usernotes at all.

Reason given on the ban page is:
one week temp ban for repeated racist trolling in OOT thread

He reported to me in PM that he could no longer read the forums - even trying to read he got a message that he was gone for seven days. It was my understanding that banned posters could still read, just not post. Was he IP-banned, or is my understanding incorrect?

Thremp is a valued poster in sports betting. I know he's a bit of trouble in other areas.

Can someone share details on what happened?

Looking through his posting history I see two posts possible:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9084427

and

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9084279

obviously something worse could have been deleted...
Old 02-07-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Thremp banning

i banned him, i'm sorry i forgot to put it in the user notes, i typed it in the ban box. he was just repeatedly pushing it in the hate crime thread, talking about hating people on welfare, glorifying slavery and lynchings in the south, etc. really turned my stomach and he just kept it up. if people think the ban is excessive feel free to say so.

as for the whole no access to the forums, IP thing, no idea on that front. just gave him a regular ban.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 PM

he just needs to clear his cookies.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 PM

The no access thing happened to me once when I was temp-banned for drunkenly posting on my birthday. I tried all the normal things like clearing cookies and it didnt work. No idea what causes it though.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:12 PM

The ban stops you from logging in, you have to read as a guest... if you have autologin turned on, this might cause a problem...
Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i banned him, i'm sorry i forgot to put it in the user notes, i typed it in the ban box. he was just repeatedly pushing it in the hate crime thread, talking about hating people on welfare, glorifying slavery and lynchings in the south, etc. really turned my stomach and he just kept it up. if people think the ban is excessive feel free to say so.

as for the whole no access to the forums, IP thing, no idea on that front. just gave him a regular ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't trying to judge if it was excessive or not, really. Can't really make a call on that without seeing what happened. But I trust your judgment, especially re: racist trolling, that's not cool.

Just curious what happened, mostly, since it wasn't documented and I assume you deleted his offensive posts since the two I pointed out didn't seem offensive enough to warrant much.

He constantly walks a fine line in Sports Betting, and I have to correct his tone occasionally, but overall he is a valued poster in Sports Betting for sure.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 PM

i didn't delete the posts, they're all there, pretty much throughout the hate crimes thread. the one about black people having a tan isn't that bad, just not all that funny.

also, i didn't take your question as accusatory or anything, i was just inviting comments because i don't know much about the guy other than that he often makes dumb posts in OOT, and welcome the input if anyone has other info or opinions.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Thremp made some very racist comments to me in PM a couple of months ago about "branding" black people. I just kinda ignored it since it was over PM, but it's obvious he has some race concerns.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:34 AM

He's a [censored] poster in need of an attitude adjustment.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:33 PM

Thought it was worth noting that Thremp is in The Well in Sports Betting if you want to ask him a question directly...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=9175796