Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods 1/2 NL game

[ QUOTE ]
Play a smart lag style and stack or outplay the nits with funny hands. Just make sure you can afford to lose 2-3 full buy ins a session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh!
Old 09-15-2007, 10:27 PM

the woods is a joke... 900 should be a sufficient bankroll for that game. old and new... difference you win more faster.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:55 PM

wow, i can't believe how many replies this post got. i was just curious when i asked about the time charge. it was a big deal in when the max buy in was $100. you could sit down in the middle of a dealers shift, get hit up for time, and when the new dealer came in 15 minutes later, get hit again. after two orbits, you're down $16. with a $300 buy in the time isn't worth thinking about.

i went down the other day just to get a feel for how
the game is playing now. you guys weren't kidding, this game is a softer than ever, the biggest difference is now you win more faster, indeed.

thank you all for your input. this forum is great.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:24 PM

I played the 2-5 last Friday, and that game was ridiculous, 7 handed to the flop for $30 was fairly standard. Several of the players were terrible, and there was even a bluffing station. Did I just go at the best possible time, or is the game often like that? Because 1-3$ sounds pretty good from what you guys are saying.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:27 PM

When it was $100/max players were more than willing to stick all their stack in the middle on the flop with TP/NK. Now that's it's $300/max those same players are still very willing to do the same thing. Come to think of it, I'm amazed those players are still around.