Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Prahlad/Lisandro clash

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that neither of them got a penalty stunned me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding of the penalty rules is that only dropping an F-bomb or throwing cards off the table was cause for a penalty. Bludgeoning and eviscerating an opponent when the decision is on him would only get a penalty if you exclaimed "F***, this guy is hard to field-dress" or tossed your cards off the table in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was no tournament director or floorman there, I am pretty sure Lisandro would've beaten Friedman into the ground.

The reason people act like tools when they play poker is because they see BS like this Friedman/Lisandro fiasco not only tolerated, but encouraged for the viewing audience. People believe that being an [censored] is a fast track to being on TV, and many times it is. It's easier to get on TV by being a dick as opposed to playing good poker. What ESPN should do is cut out any of this garbage and just show poker.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:45 AM

Alternately--and about as likely to happen--they should just let people pound guys like Prahlad into the ground when they're being dicks. I may have even taped the episode if I got to see Lisandro literally stomp on that punk for a few minutes.

I agree this stuff is bad for poker of course but, as long as it's on TV, they're going to air it. People eat it up. Note it's one of the only parts of the 2006 WSOP coverage still being talked about, outside Jamie Gold's antics (who is also notable mostly for being a jackass).
Old 03-03-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When did I say he wasn't gloating? When did I say anything that contradicts the fact that he was gloating? Seems like you're the blind one to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol? Umm when you said he was "genuinely obsessed with that one damn ante". If you can't make the connection I can't help yo. Amazing.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of this probably had to do with the fact they are "name" players. Had they been two random nobodies doing this a penalty would have been far more likely.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What ESPN should do is cut out any of this garbage and just show poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, although ESPN makes their living off of showing poor sportsmanship. I've always thought they are the reason a lot of pro athletes do the things they do. They know ESPN will cover it, and they seem to live by the mantra of 'there's no such thing as bad press'. In this particular case, what possible reason would they have for showing this confrontation. Nothing really poker related came from showing that. It was done purely for the gossip factor. It also applies to more than ESPN, as network and cable news do the same things.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:21 PM

lisandro would've called paulie up and had mahatma extorted for his roll
Old 03-03-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When did I say he wasn't gloating? When did I say anything that contradicts the fact that he was gloating? Seems like you're the blind one to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol? Umm when you said he was "genuinely obsessed with that one damn ante". If you can't make the connection I can't help yo. Amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is English your second language? Perhaps you should look up the word gloating.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They stricly enforce the F-Bomb rule, but do nothing in not only this situation, but also Gold's obvious collusion and showing one of his cards to Binger illegally.

Go figure.