Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 09:17 PM

Default NL25, overpair to a coordinated board

I've been at this table for about 45 minutes prior to this hand, been catching dung and have slowly lost about 20% of my stack. The only other player who's been there the whole time has been the CO; he's been fairly active, popping any limps by my SB, not showing down a lot of hands. The table's been pretty aggressive overall. I've been relatively quiet so far, more so than I like in a 6-handed game. No real reads on either of the blinds at this point.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $24.75
UTG: $21.75
Hero (MP): $19.35
CO: $43.10
BTN: $32.30
SB: $10.80

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls $0.85, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($3.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.40</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $13.60</font>, Hero ??

Thoughts?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: NL25, overpair to a coordinated board

BB's bet looks sort of like an attempt (with a good but not monster hand) to isolate the short-stack. And the short-stack probably has . . . well, who knows? He did bet the pot into three players, it's true, but I'm still having some trouble giving shorty credit for a big hand.

Or that's what I would be telling myself as I pushed over the top of BB, in any case [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. My card-deadness at his aggressive table would have me wanting to take a stand. And playing for 79 BBs with a strong overpair on a drawish flop in a 4-way raised pot doesn't really seem that unreasonable to me, even if the action maybe isn't quite what I had hoped for.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 PM

Push and pray they're on a draw here. I don't think folding is an option.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Edit: I read flop action wrong and thought you were raised but still I think the decision is pretty close especially if the big blind will do this with FD+OCs so if that is the case I get it in. But if BB has been somewhat passive I would fold thinking he has something big here and is raising so that he want get sucked out on. Sometimes big raises are timid. Just depends on reads but if no reads present I think I just get it in.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:57 PM

wow what a spot
Old 10-16-2007, 10:41 PM

I fold this. Someone PSB in a 4way pot AND got raised. That's one hell of a strong line. I agree BB could be isolating but it's the kind of hand that I fold.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

Thanks for the responses. I agree that it's close and wish (at that point) I had a better read on the blinds.

I ended up folding, figuring there was just no way I was ahead often enough to make it profitable.

Silly me (at least this time).

Here's how it ended.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $24.75
UTG: $21.75
Hero (MP): $19.35
CO: $43.10
BTN: $32.30
SB: $10.80

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls $0.85, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($3.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.40</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $13.60</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $6.55 and is All-In

Turn: ($23.30) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 are All-In)

River: ($23.30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 are All-In)

Results: $23.30 Pot ($1.15 Rake)
BB showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Nines) and WON $22.15 (+$11.60 NET)
SB showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and LOST (-$10.80 NET)