Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Stars NL200 level of play?

Play $200 NL at Stars and looke at the stats of the guys that do the most raising. I'd say the majority of those players are consistent losers. I'm not saying limp with good hands. It's a blanket statement and it doesn't apply to every player. You can laugh at me for making the comment but what information do you have to refute me?
Old 04-06-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play $200 NL at Stars and looke at the stats of the guys that do the most raising. I'd say the majority of those players are consistent losers. I'm not saying limp with good hands. It's a blanket statement and it doesn't apply to every player. You can laugh at me for making the comment but what information do you have to refute me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Never mind the aggrodonks. They just like to feel like they are right. I've never really seem much backed up though.

Do you use PT? If so how many hands do you have in at that level. You could always test your theory if you have enough hands in with enough people.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i also play 200NL on stars but not a significant sample to refute your statement with. the simple answer is that players who raise more will have a higher standard deviation than very tight players so theres really no way for you to know if they are winning or losing without datamining the games or playing >100k hands with them , and datamining is illegal on stars. I was laughing at the part where you said that people raising too much makes it harder for good players to win money from them and yet is a mistake on their part.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i also play 200NL on stars but not a significant sample to refute your statement with. the simple answer is that players who raise more will have a higher standard deviation than very tight players so theres really no way for you to know if they are winning or losing without datamining the games or playing >100k hands with them , and datamining is illegal on stars. I was laughing at the part where you said that people raising too much makes it harder for good players to win money from them and yet is a mistake on their part.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought he was saying that when good players raise too much it cuts down on their ability to extract post flop, but maybe I read it wrong.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:54 PM

he may have been i cant really tell now.