Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Colorado Poker, does it exist

[ QUOTE ]
The $100 bet still stands. You're claiming an 8BB/hour winrate at a game that has about the highest combined rake/jackpot drop you can find.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice - what precisely are the terms of the bet?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:43 PM

You show me reasonable looking records to back up your claim. If they show a $38 win rate, or whatever you say it is that is close to $40, I'll pay you $100. If the records don't support it you owe me $100.

I play at GG so we've probably played together before.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You show me reasonable looking records to back up your claim. If they show a $38 win rate, or whatever you say it is that is close to $40, I'll pay you $100. If the records don't support it you owe me $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

My proposal:

Since you both play in the same room, have the cage or floor track SD's winnings over a 6 month period. Give the impartial tracking person(s) $50 to say thanks from the prize pool. If I lived there and can guarantee an honest wager I'd get in on this action in a heartbeat.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My proposal:

Since you both play in the same room, have the cage or floor track SD's winnings over a 6 month period. Give the impartial tracking person(s) $50 to say thanks from the prize pool. If I lived there and can guarantee an honest wager I'd get in on this action in a heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Minimum number of hours played? I don't believe $40/hr for one second, either, and wouldn't mind getting in on it myself. Variance in these games is ridiculously high and I'd believe you could get lucky for what seems like a long time, but over a legitimate sample time, there's no way you can sustain $40/hr in the 2-5 game.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:43 PM

This is a ridiculous waste of time and effort. I would spend more than $100 of my time simply making the bet happen.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a ridiculous waste of time and effort. I would spend more than $100 of my time simply making the bet happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill happily raise the stakes to $1,000 if we can assure a fair wager.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one's state WHAT the wager is. Any questions of fairness surely have to take a back seat to that.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one's state WHAT the wager is. Any questions of fairness surely have to take a back seat to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat the 2/5 spread limit game over a period of 200 hours (I think this is a reasonable amount of time, I'll differ to others on the time period although its also very short - we can revisit that in the near future) for more than 7 BB/hour and I give you 1k - provided there is an accurate mutually trustworthy method of recording your sessions. If you don't beat it for more than 7BB/hour - you have to pay up to me 1k. Of course you can also have wagers with Patrick and anyone else who wants in on this action if you believe that strongly in your ability to pull in more than 7bb/hour.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 04:56 PM

My wager is simple. We meet, you show me your records, and if they show what you claim I'll pay you $100. If you can't do it you pay $100. You seem confident in your hourly rate, so you should take up the other guys on their offer over the next 200 hours. It should be worth a couple thousand for you.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wager is simple. We meet, you show me your records, and if they show what you claim I'll pay you $100. If you can't do it you pay $100. You seem confident in your hourly rate, so you should take up the other guys on their offer over the next 200 hours. It should be worth a couple thousand for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll decline that wager. My poker records contain other information intermingled that is frankly none of your business.
Closed Thread