Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Colorado Poker, does it exist

[ QUOTE ]
I've spent several hundred hours playing in Black Hawk. I'd be surprised if 5% of the players had better long term results than I do. It's usually a game where you have to showdown the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This right here shows you're full of [censored]. People say this about every LL game, but I would say between 20-40% of pots go without a showdown in the games I play, which tend to be weekend afternoons at the Gates.
[ QUOTE ]

What do you do that makes you think you are the best player in Black Hawk?

[/ QUOTE ]
To be clear, I never claimed I was the best. Just that I'm not aware of anyone with better results. But in theory they could exist.
[ QUOTE ]

Again, $40/hour seems absurd, especially when you consider a rake of up to $5 and a $1 or $2 jackpot drop, plus tips.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suggest avoiding the insane rake at the Lodge.
[ QUOTE ]

In my best runs of over 20 hours I've made $28/hour as a maximum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, that would suggest I'm better at this particular game than you. What's you point?
Old 03-10-2007, 01:43 PM

$100 says you're not making $40/hour. If I'm wrong I'll pay you another $100 to tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is hilarious [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes, the $5 limit sucks. Do I like playing so low? Of course not. But the 2/5 spread games can easily be beaten big. My records show an average win rate of just under $40 an hour for the 522 hours I have records for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe a word of this. This sounds like pure boasting, but if I am wrong and your really making 8BB/hour 2/5 spread limit game then you should start playing 400/800 - you'll probably beat that for at least 5BB/hour!

In short, if your making that kind of win rate, your better than Patrick Antonius. And thats just unbelievable.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:29 PM

I think the 5/5 game at the Lodge is beatable for about $20/hr FWIW.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some small stakes games are beatable for amzing win rates. People typically aren't putting in 40-60 hours a week doing it so they play when the game is really good. I wouldn't be able to speculate what the wins rate could be at the game, but I do think often people make the mistake of saying "you can't win anythign at small stakes."
Old 03-11-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When are you coming to visit again?
Old 03-11-2007, 12:43 PM

Likely not until the end of the year.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is hilarious [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes, the $5 limit sucks. Do I like playing so low? Of course not. But the 2/5 spread games can easily be beaten big. My records show an average win rate of just under $40 an hour for the 522 hours I have records for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe a word of this. This sounds like pure boasting, but if I am wrong and your really making 8BB/hour 2/5 spread limit game then you should start playing 400/800 - you'll probably beat that for at least 5BB/hour!

In short, if your making that kind of win rate, your better than Patrick Antonius. And thats just unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post with the intention of convincing you of anything. I simply posted the facts. If you want to ignore them, that's your problem and not mine.

However, why would you assume that beatung 2/5 spread for 8BB/hour (or slightly less, actually), translates to 5BB/hour at 400/800? The 2/5 structure is more favorable, and the players far worse. Perhaps most importantly, the 2/5 players are almost certainly far easier to read. I would guess I could beat 400/800 for more than 1BB/hour over the long run, but 5 seems like unreasonable speculaion on your part.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some small stakes games are beatable for amzing win rates. People typically aren't putting in 40-60 hours a week doing it so they play when the game is really good. I wouldn't be able to speculate what the wins rate could be at the game, but I do think often people make the mistake of saying "you can't win anythign at small stakes."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a key point - if I had to play Tues. mornings as well as weekend afternoons, my win rate would fall.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:27 PM

The $100 bet still stands. You're claiming an 8BB/hour winrate at a game that has about the highest combined rake/jackpot drop you can find.
Closed Thread