Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Small bluff hand

Live 15/30
I'm new to the table but just saw villian play a hand where he cold called KTo, checked behind a K Q x flop, and then raised the turn when one of the blinds donked.

Villian open limps in the hijack, I call 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the sb, and BB, who isn't paying attention, flings his cards into the muck. Okay then.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet out, he calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, he raises, I call.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet...
Old 02-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Small bluff hand

I don't like the preflop call especially if you can't count on the BB coming in.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the preflop call especially if you can't count on the BB coming in.

[/ QUOTE ]
villian limped, not raised.
I'm not sure I like this line, I just dont see what ur representing on the river.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Villian limped and it's a 2/3 blind structure so I doubt anyone has a problem with pf.

It wasn't so much what I was representing, it's that I thought co was full of [censored]. Basicaly, I thought a turn raise was fairly likely and could be a wide range. But if I check the turn he's for sure betting and the only way I can win is if I improve so this seemed like a good line.

Then again, I could just be overthinking things
Old 02-19-2007, 03:04 AM

I don't see him ever folding given his flop and turn action. The flop is drawless. He could be raising the turn with a spade draw that missed, that's about it. He's never folding a pair. He might even call with king high.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:39 AM

this is a real small pot and it looks like a decent one to go after with the bb out but the bet on the flop just looks like you're going with air especially with the bb out. if he really was on air he probably would've raised the flop instead of investing 2bb in a 3.5bb pot.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:41 AM

Pf is fine, raising is close, folding is silly for 2/3 structure. As for the river, there's too little info to really know the best course of action. If he had played with you for a while, and can see a really tight, no nonsense image from you, then this play is perfect. But you don't know him (or what he's really capable of based on one hand in which he checked/raised with top pair) and he certainly doesn't know you, so I think the whole play was too risky.

Given that you made a play for the pot right from the get go, I think the river bet was fine. On the other hand, if you'd been playing with him a while and he did see a tight, no nonsense image from you, and this happened, he's definitely got a Q. In this case, your guess is as good as mine.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:01 PM

On the flop,the bet seems automatic,short-handed with this board.After that,I would bet/call the turn & either check/fold or check/raise the river depending on whether I hit the flush.

In other words,I would prefer to play ABC against a weak,unpredictable player in this situation.