Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

Okay, sorry ama, I was having a frustrating day and got a little sour when I shouldn't have. Good point, I Was wrong.

This wasn't meant to be any sort of trick - it does look better like that, but you guys sold me on the fact that it can be deceiving at first glance.

I will separate them, but I feel I should ask about this new text first...

LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

WeakTight, FTR, and Deuces Cracked, Zion, etc all have the ".com" extension, and in order to avoid any arguments, I thought I would ask first. Is this allowed?

Thanks

EDIT: In fact, FTR have an affiliate link in their titles.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 PM

fwiw Im not trying to be condescending or rip on your idea, or anything like that. Theres no question that the legoppoker converter is by far the best and most comprehensive on the net, and I know that youve put a huge amount of work into it, for free. I also know that youre a long time poster here (I remember your insane rush and consequent hammering [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) and that you have given a LOT to the forums over time.

The point I am a little unsure of is that you are uniquely positioned to take advantage of a huge customer base in 2p2, who all would be aware of and make use of your converter whenever they want to convert a hand. Now when they go to legopoker.com they see that you are offering coaching, which is also fine, but now you have that line drawn between not for profit and business.

Given that the large amount of traffic you attract was once for free, and now is for profit (or will be, eventually), you have to start thinking about how that affects 2p2 from a business perspective. Many advertisers pay good money to have the kind of referred traffic which you currently enjoy for free. The transition from converter to coaching site was of course unplanned and non-malicious from a commercial standpoint, but now that you are a commercial entity, things change a little.

Thats why when you take it to what I see as the "next level" - ie. putting that link in your source code and more specifically putting logos as avatars and custom titles etc you are starting to walk the line between "harmless self-promotion" and "utilitsing 2p2's user base for profit".

Those are my only concerns, and I know that your intentions are good. I just want to make sure that you play by the rules, because if you can advertise in the way you are but Joe Bloggs cant put a URL as his signature, then maybe thats not fair.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 PM

ama0330: more whining, less poker

with love,

TT
Old 11-15-2007, 06:10 PM

tt,

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post10413550 for reference.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:21 PM

E-Dawg - for laughter.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 PM

Umm, so is this: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12904830 ok?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody asked a question days ago, Greg seen it and replied. I dont see why this is an issue? And you moved the thread?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody asked a question days ago, Greg seen it and replied. I dont see why this is an issue? And you moved the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone hit notify mod on it, I only moved it here pending further guidance from the reds. If they're ok with it, Mike Haven please feel free to move it back.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:52 PM

I just don't see any ground for moving it. I mean is it standard for mods to take action like this whenever the notify mod button is hit? Frankly it's not a big deal to me but I just feel whenever mods hear anything regarding LeggoPoker they take action where threads like "Should I buy a cardrunners.com account?" And "Who is the best 3bet coaches?" are no problem.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:55 PM

No, my SOP for a thread that has had "notify mod" hit on it, that I'm not sure what to do with, is to move it to the Mod forum pending further discussion/guidance from the reds. Thats all. I did not know what to do with this thread. I have no problem with it being moved back if the reds are ok with it. Also, up until about fifteen minutes ago, I didn't even know what lego poker was.