Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 03:02 AM

Default Another bottom set where I think I am beat (FR, 10/20 online)

10/20 online, 9 players

I have $4200 and villain covers.

I have played with villain a lot, and he sees me as tight. He is TAG and solid - definitely a winning player.

MP limps for $20. Another MP limps. I limp in LP with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB folds, BB (Villain) checks.

Flop (4 players, $90):

3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet $80. BB calls, MP limper folds.

Turn (2 players, $250):

9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks. I bet $240. BB makes it $725.

I start thinking about what he may have, and actually don't like my hand too much. When he check calls flop, he could have just a pair if he thinks I am stealing (it was checked to me in LP).

I am tight preflop, but he knows I will often bet with nothing if checked to on the flop.

When he C/Rs, I figure he has a monster or is bluffing (including semi-bluffing). I don't feel good about my hand at this point, and am not going to raise.

I think and call.

I plan to fold to a big (pottish, $1600 or more) river bet. If he bets $1600+, the plan is to fold. I don't think he bets the river big with a hand that I am beating (two pair would be unlikely at this point).

River (2 players, $1700).

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bets $1200.

When he bets the river, my read is that bottom set is no good here. However, he has only bet $1200 and I am getting about 2.5 to 1.

I really don't think I am good here.

Call or fold?