Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

[ QUOTE ]
Well it is a small sample, and he probably wouldn't be over a large sample, but the fact remains that right now he IS a winner in online high stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my cat play one night and due to the small sample, the cat is a winner in online low stakes. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 PM

I think PA's preflop call is much worse than his flop call. Jamie does bluff a lot, but it's usually postflop. He doesn't really reraise lightly. I think PA's flop call is really thin, definitely not an easy call but not a horrible call either, pretty borderline and probably not a huge difference EV wise between calling and folding.

Limon's point is that even when PA hits his gutshot, he isn't always going to stack Jamie. And even when he gets it in against Jamie's set or whatever he isn't always going to win. So it's not quite like he is calling $15k to win $300k every time he hits, or I guess it was closer to $400k. On the other hand he can often win when he hits an ace as well, although he probably won't win much and might end up paying off Jamie more if Jamie actually has a set or two pair.

So many variables to the hand, I think PA's overall play in the hand is mediocre. His turn play is good though, much better than going for a checkraise.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 AM

Enough, enough, enough and enough with all the discussion about JG, he is a horrible player with way to much hubris for his skill and shouldn't be playing in this game.

Now what I don't get is why it doesn't appear any or many people have commented on Guy Lalliberte's horrible playing ability I mean his raise with the 10 9 was definately the worst play in the episode if not the whole show and I didn't hear many comments. This guy just thinks omg 3 9's.. I raise. He couldn't beat my local 2/4 LHE game let alone high-stakes NL..
Old 11-15-2007, 02:14 AM

oh i forgot the extra 7k he called PF OOP w/ K4s. Lol.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Enough, enough, enough and enough with all the discussion about JG, he is a horrible player with way to much hubris for his skill and shouldn't be playing in this game.

Now what I don't get is why it doesn't appear any or many people have commented on Guy Lalliberte's horrible playing ability I mean his raise with the 10 9 was definately the worst play in the episode if not the whole show and I didn't hear many comments. This guy just thinks omg 3 9's.. I raise. He couldn't beat my local 2/4 LHE game let alone high-stakes NL..

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.. because he isn't a professional poker player. He's a man who has accomplished more in his life then the vast majority of people ever will and just plays poker for fun. Clearly he's not interested in spending the amount of time studying and playing needed to become really good at poker.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 AM

JG isn't a pro poker player either he is a TV producer.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Gold played this hand badly and this really sums up the difference between a top cash game player like PA and Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that post really sums up how low and scared you must play.

[ QUOTE ]
That turn bet of PA absolutely screams AJ in a deep stack high stakes cash game like this. He check calls the undersized bet on the flop and then comes out betting- what else does he have? AK

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol. Let's see:
Q/10,
K/10,
K/Q,
3/3,
10/10,
Q/Q,
Many, many four-flushes and other semi-bluff hands,
Many, many pure bluff hands.

Gold was not putting Antonius on A/K obviously. First, that's an unlikely 1 outer, and second he knows that the big raise will cause Antonius to fold. He obviously had him on/hoped he had a lesser set or some sort of big draw, maybe pair+flush draw. Also I'll guess you have never played with PA, nor do you have much idea how he perceives Gold. You can't say for sure that he might have been convinced Gold was bluffing and called all-in with even two pair. Or A/K? PA isn't exactly a God, you know. Just because you've read about it or saw him play a few good hands. Likewise with everyone's perception that Gold is bad. I've seen countless hands where PA overvalues his hands and makes ridiculous over-calls. I've never seen Gold do this, yet so many have the perception that he does. But that's inadvertently one of the reasons why PA is such a big winner. And Gold is also a very high winning online cash game player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi jamie
Old 11-15-2007, 07:59 AM

Also he isn't [censored] spanish stop calling him Jaime.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JG isn't a pro poker player either he is a TV producer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ask him if he's a pro player I bet he says yes. Anyway, we don't need to start another stupid Jamie Gold argument, so if you prefer I'll rephrase. Guy is the only one who plays poker purely recreationally.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why run it twice when u have odds calculators?
Give JG 23% of the pot and give PA the rest. It really doesn't make sense. You can still do a rabbit peel if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

use pokerstove and do a full G bucks calculation of range vs range. then it will be a longterm equity chop