Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 07:47 PM

Default NL25 - AA vs regular.

Guy is a regular at NL25. Runs at 14/5/2.4 over 600 hands. He also buys in for $15.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $9.20
UTG+2: $41.40
Hero (MP1): $28.50
MP2: $43
CO: $11.50
BTN: $5
SB: $2.25
BB: $27.70
UTG: $9.10

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($2.85) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, UTG calls $1.25

Turn: ($5.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25

River: ($6.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $6.10 and is All-In</font>, Hero ?

I feel like i misplayed the turn. But i have the feeling he was set mining (its so easy to spot it at these levels... they just open limp and call pre flop raises) and he got there.

Also, the flop and turn donkbets dont seem to me like blocking bets... they seem more like "raise me" kind of bets.. what do you have to say?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: NL25 - AA vs regular.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the flop and turn donkbets dont seem to me like blocking bets... they seem more like "raise me" kind of bets.. what do you have to say?

[/ QUOTE ]He has 36bbs.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:07 PM

With villain's stack at that size, I'm looking to get it in there. I raise the flop to 3 and shove turn. As played, the flat-call on the flop looks really suspicious, but he's getting odds to hit if he's holding something like KdQd.

My default read on these mini-donk bets is that they're trying to buy the pot cheap or price themselves in. I almost automatically raise pot here (with or without a hand) and take the pot down a majority of the time. If they shove, I'm usually gone. When they call and then do it again, it's dependent on the board and stack.

As played, I think this is a set more often than a busted draw, so I probably fold. If villain's a reg, it'll force him in the future to announce his hand earlier against you since the implied odds aren't there.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 PM

Villain maybe nitty but he certainly has no clue if he's buying in for 15. I have no patience for this bet .25 crap to try and chase whatever draw he's chasing. I put him all in on the turn. As played I call the river. Your weak action on the turn sets up a great opp. for villain to think he can bluff whatever draw he missed on the river. If he set mined you, he still lost money on this hand by calling you preflop raise. Make a note how he played this hand reload (if you lost) and go on.

Edit: duh, make a proper reraise on the flop also.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As played, I think this is a set more often than a busted draw, so I probably fold. If villain's a reg, it'll force him in the future to announce his hand earlier against you since the implied odds aren't there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was a set the implied odds were never there. Villain has to call 1.00 PF and can only win 8+change more less rake.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:06 PM

If this was a set the implied odds were never there. Villain has to call 1.00 PF and can only win 8+change more less rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain this a little more?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:14 PM

did my math wrong...deleted...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM

He's either on a total draw or something like KJ-KQ of diamonds.

Reraise to $2 on the flop, as played reraise to $4 on the turn, as played call the river.

These donk bets are flush draws trying to price themselve's in much more than a bet which wants to be reraised, people make these bets because it puts people off balance and people end up just calling like you did.

Also unless this guys just lost a big pot prior to this hand i wouldnt take him for anything less than a fish with only having $9 without even rebuying to the 60bb's he initially sat with.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:48 PM

Actually a $15 buyin makes for a nice SPR with top pair/overpair type hands.

Assuming a 4BB raise and 1 caller, you're at an SPR of 7, which is certainly better than the 12-13 that the 100BB stack leaves you. That having been said, set-mining with this stack size is terrible...but that doesn't mean people won't do it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 PM

Your SPR on this hand is easily in the commitment range with AA. Raise him up on the Turn by just pushing.