Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Default My first 11k hands at PLO25 6max - I need help

Hey guys!

I know that you usually you don't bother commenting PTO stats, but I'll give it a try.
ANY feedback is appriciated.

I started to play very aggresively, but quickly I had to realise that I'm not good enough for that style.
I played more nitty, limped more, raised less OPP. I was grinding OK until 6.500 hands (6.99/100) but then
a downswing came where I was helpless. Nothing to do there I guess, I was losing ridicoulosly.
Since then everyhing is the same again except that I lost my last 3 AAsxx preflop allins including a 5BI one.
After the latest swings I'm not joining the tables with the biggest avg. pots, I prefer mid tables with
big VP$IP, I found I get a better control at these tables...
I'm 4 tabling.

My questions would be:

(1) what can you tell me about my numbers?
I only know about VP$IP and PFR, what about the others?
(2) how could I improve? (I know I should post more hands, but usually I don't find anything interesting)
I guess one thing would be 3 betting preflop, right now I'm not doing it unless I can get all-in...
Is this a big leak?
(3) I decided not just grinding out a few $s every month, but rather move up constatly as soon as I'm ready.
When do you think I should move up? When I us reach a BB/100 or just a spec. amount of BIs?
Right now I play the 25$ games with ~1700$

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: My first 11k hands at PLO25 6max - I need help

You can afford to raise more preflop, but you're a little too passive postflop for 6-max. Not a huge leak on the whole, but you could stand to bet/raise a few more draws and bet some top pairs thin if you think the other guy is usually drawing. Don't worry about 3-betting preflop with full stack or more, do it liberally or rarely.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 AM

Thank You for your response.
Yes i was wondering about my aggression too. It's too low but so far I had a hard time to find the spots to bet/raise more.
The first thing I did is raise all hands preflop when it's folded to me in LP. I likehow it works so far.
Post flop, well I guess I have to find my spots... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What about the almost 8 BI downswing I had. Is it normal for 11k hands of 6max omaha?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 AM

http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=track2sk5.png

My stats aren't that different in some areas. Looks like I'm a little more aggressive, but still fairly passive. This is 6 max and FR combined too.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:03 AM

Actually after looking at it again......The really interesting stat for me that's different is won$@SD%. You would think that I'd be losing, winning less than half of my showdowns.

The only thing I can think of is that I do call a lot of min bettors down. I call down people quite often when I feel like they have played really strangely, and it isn't too expensive to find out what the hell they're doing.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 AM

Wow, these are the numbers I want [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Are you running hot or is that sustainable? I would be happy with anything above 10 BB/100.

Genarally what I see is that you play much more hands than I do. Also you fold less for steals. I usually just give up my marginal hands in the blind, I don't really like to play OOP against aggressive opponents.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:32 AM

Yeah losing small pots, winning big ones adds up a nice sum... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 AM

raise more preflop

the vpip can also be a little bit higher

and you can get your af higher
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM

I think you play too many hands on the SB compared to other positions...so you may be playing too many hands out of position. The aggression factor could be better, as other posters have stated.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:01 PM

Yeah, i try to avoid that.
On the other hand as you can see from thisnamedoesntfi's post/stats it is possible to play more hands from SB and BB and with good results. I hope with time I will find out... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]