Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Weird facebook/social issue

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I just checked my email (just woke up and made that last post before I logged into gmail)... and... this thread just got more interesting or ended, depending on which way you look at it.

But she added me at around noon today...

[/ QUOTE ]

feel better [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I just checked my email (just woke up and made that last post before I logged into gmail)... and... this thread just got more interesting or ended, depending on which way you look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I sent her a link to this thread hoping it would clear things up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 03:05 PM

The situation might be that *She* facebook friended them, and so if they're already friends with her then they can see her profile. She might just have her profile set so people she isn't specifically already friends with can't see it. It's kind of like myspace, where people can have a setting where they don't even accept friend requests, they can only request them themselves.

seriously, it would not be awkward of you to mention it next time you see her - just be jokey and be like I tried to facebook friend you but i couldn't find u - what gives? although evidently i am usually wrong about girls opinions according to 2+2, so someone else might have to chime in on this.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The situation might be that *She* facebook friended them, and so if they're already friends with her then they can see her profile. She might just have her profile set so people she isn't specifically already friends with can't see it. It's kind of like myspace, where people can have a setting where they don't even accept friend requests, they can only request them themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't think it was a privacy setting *unless* there's some way to say that people in your network cannot add you but people outside of your network can add you. Which doesn't make any sense and I'm pretty sure you can't even do that. Otherwise there's no way to explain the other peoples' ability to add her and my inability to see her in search.

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, it would not be awkward of you to mention it next time you see her - just be jokey and be like I tried to facebook friend you but i couldn't find u - what gives? although evidently i am usually wrong about girls opinions according to 2+2, so someone else might have to chime in on this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I will, we'll see if I run into her at some point.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

feel better [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I'm still curious about what was going on.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:17 PM

N,

"I guess it's because there's no reasonable explanation for what's going on here and I'm curious about it."

Chick didn't like you for some reason and blocked you.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:17 PM

She and that dude might have a network in common that you are not a part of... you can be in a lot of different networks and adjust your privacy settings independently for each.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:19 PM

N,

Then she talked to your mutual friend who said "N is freaking out over the block and he's not as bad as you think, just add him" so she added you.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N,

"I guess it's because there's no reasonable explanation for what's going on here and I'm curious about it."

Chick didn't like you for some reason and blocked you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess... and then added me?

FFK,

I don't think ZBT and my buddy who is here in Atlanta for the week are both in one of her networks. The only thing they have in common that's different from me is that they're not in one of her networks.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N,

Then she talked to your mutual friend who said "N is freaking out over the block and he's not as bad as you think, just add him" so she added you.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's seriously a pity add that would be awesome. But I doubt my roommate talked to her.

But the issue isn't being friends or not being friends with her. The issue is why the hell was I blocked? (assuming no bug in facebook or some privacy setting that I can't figure out). I know there's no way for 2+2 to know so I don't expect anyone to answer that. But that is what I'm curious about, I'll have to mention it at some point.