Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul meetup groups

[ QUOTE ]
a bit of a gun nut, right? Guns on planes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's better to allow a couple nutjobs with knives to take over a plane and crash it into buildings?

It's a shame that anyone who believes in the 2nd amendment is now considered a "gun nut."
Old 09-08-2007, 06:39 PM

Keep your [censored] guns, dude, I don't want to take them, that's your right, but do you think perhaps there might be a middle road or should we just hand out AK-47 to each passenger?
Old 09-08-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep your [censored] guns, dude, I don't want to take them, that's your right, but do you think perhaps there might be a middle road or should we just hand out AK-47 to each passenger?

[/ QUOTE ]

We should not take away people's freedoms to look for their own solutions. Disbanding the regulations on flights would be a great start.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:44 PM

Paul never said to arm passengers with guns. You are misquoting him like the Fox News moderator did. He said the responsibility to protect the airplane should rest with the airline. I don't think the airline would start handing out AK-47s to each passenger and expect people to choose to ride that airplane. Paul has said in the past that a better remedy is for the pilots to have a handgun in the cockpit as a last line of defense. If you know that one airline is doing this to protect the passengers and the plane and another is not, which one are you going to choose?
Old 09-08-2007, 06:53 PM

I was more asking than quoting, admitting that I don't know anything about his positions, just what I read somewhere. Okay, pilots with guns, sounds good to me. Sorry I was like Fox, ouch!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was more asking than quoting, admitting that I don't know anything about his positions, just what I read somewhere. Okay, pilots with guns, sounds good to me. Sorry I was like Fox, ouch!

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly, this procedure was pretty much the standard before the Bush administration outlawed it months before 9/11 (yes, a 'coindidence').
Old 09-08-2007, 07:59 PM

Pretty much any deregulation of control wouldnt get through the Democratic congress, and that one of the only issues I disagree with Paul. So thats good.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:33 PM

Well, I said I would post a link to the article.

meetup article

This appeared on the front page of the Nevada section of the Sunday news paper.

I can't say that I am terribly happy with authors desire to use constant references to militant rebels. There is not one qoute in the article that is accurate. The author took a discussion on our founding father's opinions on civil disobediance and turned it into "freedom isn't free". Come on, you write an article about the only anti-war republican and the first quote you have is a war slogan....
Old 09-09-2007, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the article link! An aggravating read, as its slant is passively anti-Paul, but that's expected, I guess.

I couldn't help but laugh at this (picture a George C. Scott as Gen. Turgidson type as Bob):
"Bob McKenzie, a spokesman for the Nevada Department of Transportation, isn't concerned about the message. He is concerned about the medium.
'We've got state and county employees taking (the signs) down as fast as we can,' McKenzie said. 'It's becoming a real concern. If we let this go on and not do anything about it, it could cause sign chaos on the highways and people could get distracted.'" Sign chaos? Come on.

I'm planning on writing a letter-style handout with a friend and distributing copies around the UIC campus this week. I'll post it here when it's finished. I also like the banner over the highway idea, especially considering the Chicago traffic would provide a large, lingering audience (though a potentially negative association). Maybe something simple such as "Google: Ron Paul '08" which was suggested to me, or "Ron Paul for Freedom" would be most effective, and provide a more neutral alternative to the hippy -esque "Revolution" banners.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Yeah, we have already moved past the "Revolution" banners. But, the reporter specifically asked to see them because that is what has been seen around the country. I've been doing alot with: RonPaul2008.com
Hope for America

We are currently making templates with more issue related themes.