Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

[ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Huge pet peeve of mine. Most customers are relatively savvy, but I'd still say about 25% of customers will still say eXpresso.

I've only heard one coworker refer to it as eXpresso. I made fun of her lots.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]
Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM

Dibs,

"I dared to order a Venti something from some indie place and the snide [censored] got huffy at me for using Starbucks lingo."

Uh, I am normally always on board for mocking of baristas who take their role way too seriously, but wtf sort of retard orders a "Venti" something instead of a medium or large or double or whatever?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:22 PM

CB,

"I like it."

Thanks!

BTW, the espresso ordering is USUALLY reserved for restaurants. I feel like I'm getting sorta ripped off when I get that tiny little cup thing of espresso from a coffeeshop.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CB - I stopped going to Starbucks a while ago because 1) there's a Coffee Bean on my way to work; 2) there's a Coffee Bean on my work campus.

My question to you (and I guess anyone else) - is it worth the extra 0.5 mile trip to hit up a Starbucks instead? Haven't had it in a while, so can't remember if the coffee is any good (that's all I order).

Thanks.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I like our coffee. I've heard the complaints that we roast it to dark/burn the beans, etc. Doesn't bother me. I was a coffee drinker before I started working there, but most of my "coffee education" as it were, has come from working there, so Starbucks coffee is now the standard my palate works from. I find a lot of other coffee to be too light-bodied at most other places.

Give it a shot. It's one trip. If you hate it, well, you're out of .5 miles and two bucks.

Edit: My favorite blends: Sulawesi, Arabian Mocha Sanani (which we never brew), Pike Place (a limited edition from last fall), and Ethiopia Sidamo.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 PM

Bob,

This isn't really SBUX specific, but does any drink consist of a regular cup of coffee + espresso shot? I've asked for that a few times when I just wanted coffee and needed an extra kick. It was pretty good, too.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:26 PM

For Guids

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is your favorite drink item?

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically, when I'm at work, I'll drink either coffee or a triple espresso.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-31-2007, 06:27 PM

CB, Months ago I read about hot Starbucks breakfast sandwiches but haven't seen them firsthand. Opinions?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

This isn't really SBUX specific, but does any drink consist of a regular cup of coffee + espresso shot? I've asked for that a few times when I just wanted coffee and needed an extra kick. It was pretty good, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically referred to as a "Red-Eye" (cup of coffee plus one Espresso shot) or a "Black-Eye" (Two shots).
Old 07-31-2007, 06:32 PM

Did your shop observe National Coffee Day? If so, how crowded was it? The Starbucks down the street had lines out the door for most of the day.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CB, Months ago I read about hot Starbucks breakfast sandwiches but haven't seen them firsthand. Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'm extrapolating/guessing/possibly lying, etc.

Usually this sort of thing occurs in a test-market first, and if it is successful, is then rolled out to the rest of the country. I've heard it is happening, don't know where it is being tested (if at all). Only certain stores are considered "Warming" stores, meaning, they have an oven or some other function to warm/toast pastries and sandwiches.

I also believe that you have to have a different permit from the city in order to have an oven than most Starbucks typically have. Whether or not that is gumming up the works, I don't know.

I'm going with it's being tested somewhere, and will probably catch on enough to roll out eventually.

I'd be all for it. I open a lot, and by the time my lunch break rolls around, most places aren't open for lunch yet. I don't want to buy my own pastries for breakfast, I typically want something hot. Of course, I'd probably get sick of them eventually, too.