Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Advice on these 3b pots

Without a read, only the standard hands. With a read that the villain looks like a TAG/LAG, include KQ IP. With a read of how he plays in 3bet pots, or his bet sizing tells, I can call with some of these.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe play back at him once in a while?. It seems you give up after the flop. In saying that your hands are very weak. When you raise pre-flop are you trying to say I have a really good hand,or, can I please have your blind if thats O.K. with you?. I think if your not going to represent something once in a while these calls will crush your br in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play back when I dont have sd value and I think the flop is likely to have missed him - do u guys really either fold or raise these pairs on flop?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe play back at him once in a while?. It seems you give up after the flop. In saying that your hands are very weak. When you raise pre-flop are you trying to say I have a really good hand,or, can I please have your blind if thats O.K. with you?. I think if your not going to represent something once in a while these calls will crush your br in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play back when I dont have sd value and I think the flop is likely to have missed him - do u guys really either fold or raise these pairs on flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ya, u have bottom pair and he can be betting there with like 77, and you check it down and still lose.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reason I call pf isnt to bust his big hand (which he obviously doesnt necessarily have) - its to pull moves on his wide range on favourable flops, hitting a good disguised hand doesnt hurt either. Both these hands I have sd value though so I didnt c y I would raise - do some of u really fold a pair to sum1 who is auto c-betting any flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

'pulling moves' should be more than calling one street and folding the next. You have like barely any showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have sd value against the entire part of his range that missed the flop (id only call if that seems like the majority of his range), and I like to pull moves when I dont have this sd value. This might be wrong though and these spots seem like a big leak of mine.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:53 AM

TT hand is standard, other two just 4bet pf if you dont feel like folding
Old 11-02-2007, 01:54 AM

Yeah, my bad. TT hand is fine. The rest are folds.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With 100bb effective, there's just not enough maneuvering room to make moves postflop without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, watch the guy play in a couple 3b pots, get a handle on what he's doing, then start making the moves. doing this without postflop reads is burning money.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:56 AM

Alright, seems like u guys r prob right, i didnt wanna 4bet in these particular ones cause I felt it would seem like a frustrated bluff. But I agree that calling with these hands against a wide re-raising range, 100bb effective stacks and no real reads is prob gonna be burning money.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, seems like u guys r prob right, i didnt wanna 4bet in these particular ones cause I felt it would seem like a frustrated bluff. But I agree that calling with these hands against a wide re-raising range, 100bb effective stacks and no real reads is prob gonna be burning money.

[/ QUOTE ]

the villain in your hands is someone I'm staking/coaching. The first hand u have to fold pre-flop, and probably raise the flop if you want to continue. we had KQ btw. the second hand is tough but the only thing you only beat a bluff so folding is probably standard. we had A8hh.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 AM

Ok, the let me get this right...our villain 3 bets light frequently we call with TT and the flop is JJJ. We call and the turn peels a queen, how is folding standard? Why isn't he double barreling light again?