Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2007, 06:14 PM

Default It\'s my gf\'s 21st, help me plan (in NYC)

cliff notes: give me a good hotel, restaurant, and lounge in mid town new york for me and my 21 year old girlfriend. do you think lingerie from la perla is a good gift?

OK. So quick background: She and I are both going to be seniors next year and have been dating off and on since first semester of freshman year. I play MSNL and so have more money than necessary for a 21 year old, but I'm not a huge baller either. That said, I don't have a budget in mind but would like to spend somewhere from 1000-2000 i guess.

She is interning with a bank and her sister who lives in the city is going on vacation next week so we are staying in her sisters apartment from friday-tuesday of this week, then the plan is to stay in the dorm room she is renting (2 bedroom, 4 girls) until i leave saturday the 28th. her birthday is thursday the 26th. she works 6:30-6:30 mon-friday and will be doing so the entire week i'm there.

my tentative plan for the day is to get a hotel in mid town (near her office on 57th and 7th or so). i'll probably just tell her the night before so she can pack a bag for me to take when i check in that day. after work i want to take her out to dinner and then out for lowish key drinks. this is where you come in oot.

hotel: who's got a good hotel in mid town for the occasion? What do people think is better, 1 night in a really awesome hotel room followed by 1 night in her twin bed in the dorm, or two nights (since ill be there 1 night after her bday) in a good hotel room?

Dinner: Looking for really good food (price is almost not an object) but not too stuffy of a feel. Will just be the two of us, but we will probably have a couple drinks and plan to go out after.

Lounge/Bar: Again, trying to stay in midtown where is a good spot to grab a couple drinks without going out too hard. She already has stated she doesn't want to do 21 shots or anything crazy since she has work at 6:30 am the following morning, but we may meet some friends to do a bit of drinking/hanging out.

Present: So i don't really want to get her jewelry again, but I also don't have any really good personal ideas or anything. Right now I'm leaning towards really nice lingerie since I've never gotten any for her and she's mentioned it in the past kind of in passing so i'm pretty sure she'd like it, as would i. i'm thinking La Perla, is that the best place? I also might bring a guy friend who has bought lingerie for an ex since I never have. what kind of sizing info do i need going in? i think i know her bra size but can double check when i'm there. i'm thinking i should get two outfits so that she'll at least really like one? if you don't like this idea, you got a better one?

ok, that's about it. i'll clarify when necessary. if i get good advice i'll post a very mundane pic of us. she's 5'4", petite, half japanese and way too hot for me if that's any incentive.