Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 01:55 PM

Default QQs, KKs, and past history

This hand I'm showing results because I'm more worried about my play in the second hand. Although I welcome comments on how I played this. I didn't cap preflop (which may have cost me this pot) do most people cap with QQ in this spot? (I occassionally give another player the opportunity to cap preflop because I feel that it gives good information on whether I'm facing KK or AA, but I don't know if that information is worth missing a bet sometimes). I was fairly new to the table and it didn't strike me as very aggressive.

When I got 3-bet on the flop I decided to go in call down mode folding if I felt someone made a flush (what happened), betting if I hit my Q, or betting if MP2 checked a non-spade, non-ace.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (15.5SB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.25BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (15.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

Results:
Final pot: 17.25BB
UTG had 67 of spades and won.
MP2 had 77 (no spade obviously) and lost.

So this hand happened a bit later. BB is MP2 from first hand. So obviously I hate the A, but I don't want to fold KK to a guy that I have just seen extremely overplay a mid pocket pair. I raised the flop to try and knock out the CO and to see where I stood against him. On the turn and river I don't want to raise because he could have the ace, and I'm screwed then. I also don't think raising him again is going to get me any information since he seems to overplay middle pairs.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (12.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12.25BB
Old 09-23-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: QQs, KKs, and past history

Hand #1: I would cap QQ, we don't want to let others in cheaply. Post flop I think u played really well.

Hand#2: I understand why u raise the flop but I think calling is better. If CO doesn't have a FD or an A he will fold (a gut-shot is really unlikely) if we just call anyway. If we call we may save a bet if CO raise. Finlly, we don't want to discourage BB from betting. Other than that nh.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:34 PM

Easy cap hand 1. Worry about AA or KK on the turn after a undercard flop is capped.

Hand 2 is no problem. I like raising for a couple of reasons. First if he is on a bluff he is probably going to call your raise just becuase and then he will give up on the turn, however if you just call he might give up on the turn anyways . Also if you just call he can probably hit you for a checkraise on the turn and its going to be hard to fold your kings.

The turn lead by BB means he has an ace or a five a good majority of the time and if he doesnt then he is folding to any raise, so this is pretty much a WA/WB thing.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #1: I would cap QQ, we don't want to let others in cheaply

[/ QUOTE ]

3bets is not cheaply. I'm actually ok with this hand but might call the river.

Hand 2 don't raise the flop, you're WA/WB and there's no need to push CO out.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3bets is not cheaply. I'm actually ok with this hand but might call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude
Old 09-23-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 don't raise the flop, you're WA/WB and there's no need to push CO out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If CO hasn't been paying attention to the BB play he sees a capped preflop and he sees a bet/raise on the flop. I think most people in this spot are folding any A without atleast a Q (or maybe J) kicker. AK isn't likely since he didn't 3-bet preflop (and I've got 2 of the kings) so I've gotta figure I can get him to fold a number of hands better than me.

I also don't want to call down against BB if the CO is still in the hand. The raise makes it very clear to me if I'm going to continue in this hand or not.