Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Is this Sunday the last of the PCA Sats?

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm not satisfied with my tickets being converted over to another tournament, and I e-mailed them back saying so. I didn't sign up to play an APPT event, I signed up for the PCA. Also, Stars wouldn't let anyone convert PCA tickets to APPT or vice versa in the last month or more, so I don't think it's fair to force all to now. I realize they haven't made a final decision yet, so I won't jump all over them until they do, but it seems as if they're leaning that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, I don't want to come off as a dick here, but when the steps system was started, there were several posts made by official stars personnel that indicated that tickets would most likely be rolled over to other satellite step tournaments. Also, it was made pretty obvious when the steps would be ending-satellites end for packages in early December every year, and there has been over a week's official notice in terms of the steps ending. I guess these posts are inevitable in some shape or form, but even still.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm not satisfied with my tickets being converted over to another tournament, and I e-mailed them back saying so. I didn't sign up to play an APPT event, I signed up for the PCA. Also, Stars wouldn't let anyone convert PCA tickets to APPT or vice versa in the last month or more, so I don't think it's fair to force all to now. I realize they haven't made a final decision yet, so I won't jump all over them until they do, but it seems as if they're leaning that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, I don't want to come off as a dick here, but when the steps system was started, there were several posts made by official stars personnel that indicated that tickets would most likely be rolled over to other satellite step tournaments. Also, it was made pretty obvious when the steps would be ending-satellites end for packages in early December every year, and there has been over a week's official notice in terms of the steps ending. I guess these posts are inevitable in some shape or form, but even still.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is every player on Stars that played these Steps expected to read 2+2?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously not, but the information was gathered by requesting it of Stars personnel-either through email or PMs on here. If someone was truly concerned with what was going to happen to their unused tickets or when satellites were going to end, that information has been available for weeks. Complaining about it now would seem to indicate that you just didn't care enough to find out before.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously not, but the information was gathered by requesting it of Stars personnel-either through email or PMs on here. If someone was truly concerned with what was going to happen to their unused tickets or when satellites were going to end, that information has been available for weeks. Complaining about it now would seem to indicate that you just didn't care enough to find out before.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have any concrete information please provide it. If not, then explain why you don't have this information.

Will PS have any sats after today? Will they be entry-seat-only or what? Where would you stay anyway, and what does it cost? If there are entry-seat-only satellites what form will they take? MTT's? DS's? Step 6B's? What is PS's usual time gap between their first `last chance' satellite and their last `last chance' satellite?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:35 PM

All information below is from Stars reps via E-mail and/or 2p2 posts:

[ QUOTE ]
Will PS have any sats after today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, seat-only though

[ QUOTE ]
Will they be entry-seat-only or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[ QUOTE ]
Where would you stay anyway, and what does it cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be able to find rooms at The Atlantis still. I'm guessing all the cheapies are sold-out though and it'll be costly. I'm sure there will be threads started soon about who is going and has extra space in their rooms, etc.

Otherwise, check travelocity or whatever site you prefer for local hotels.

[ QUOTE ]
If there are entry-seat-only satellites what form will they take? MTT's? DS's? Step 6B's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know. My guess would be any/all

[ QUOTE ]
What is PS's usual time gap between their first `last chance' satellite and their last `last chance' satellite?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first time they've sold-out of the seat+hotel packages. I'm not sure why the Atlantis is suddenly overbooked this year, but this is a first as far as I know. They typically have a "last chance" $300ish satellite that is XXX (100?) seats guaranteed in the middle of December.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:05 PM

DMK's answers are fairly accurate, some clarifications for the two below.
[ QUOTE ]
If there are entry-seat-only satellites what form will they take? MTT's? DS's? Step 6B's?

[/ QUOTE ]
Last year, they had 530 sattys to the seat-only list, along with occasional DSs. I wouldn't be surprised if Steps were included this year.
[ QUOTE ]
What is PS's usual time gap between their first `last chance' satellite and their last `last chance' satellite?

[/ QUOTE ]
Last year, the last "last chance" satellite ran the weekend before Christmas.
[ QUOTE ]
This is the first time they've sold-out of the seat+hotel packages. I'm not sure why the Atlantis is suddenly overbooked this year, but this is a first as far as I know. They typically have a "last chance" $300ish satellite that is XXX (100?) seats guaranteed in the middle of December.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, there won't be a guaranteed seat tourney (there wasn't one last year, either). They do the package thing until a certain date due to the fact that Atlantis needs a more concrete picture of who is going to come down and stay in their hotel more than just a week before the tourney starts.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:06 PM

ahh, must be thinking of wsop sats then for the x guarantee
Old 11-25-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ahh, must be thinking of wsop sats then for the x guarantee

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, prolly. That is typically the second to last weekend of WSOP qualifying.