Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Borgata 10k HELLLP

[ QUOTE ]
call is retarded can we please not even discuss it

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling isn't so bad, call 3,500 into a a pot that will be over 15,000. If you had like 18,000 then it would be retarded, but not out of the question. You have room to work

I don't understand why ppl always think either shove or fold. Ted Forrest can have something like KK or AA, but is he going to try and play AA or KK 3-handed out of position? I think its much more likely he has TT-QQ

I wasn't there, so if you have a read that is telling you that the old guy has AA, fine, let it go.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call is retarded can we please not even discuss it

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling isn't so bad, call 3,500 into a a pot that will be over 15,000. If you had like 18,000 then it would be retarded, but not out of the question. You have room to work

I don't understand why ppl always think either shove or fold. Ted Forrest can have something like KK or AA, but is he going to try and play AA or KK 3-handed out of position? I think its much more likely he has TT-QQ

I wasn't there, so if you have a read that is telling you that the old guy has AA, fine, let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you must play AK in this spot, you must see five cards.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:57 PM

I remember a hand someone posted where Ted cold called a 3 bet out of the blinds with 22...is this how he was playing today? I think that was from a smaller event so maybe he was taking it less seriously.

I don't see the problem with calling actually. Granted theres some reverse implied odds, but I don't think I could resist at least seeing a flop. I don't like pushing because we have very little fold equity and we're probably behind but we can hit the flop hard. Or if we do hit a pair I'd expect at least the old guy to play quite straightforwardly.

As for having to see all 5 cards...huh? I don't agree at all. Maybe if it was headsup oop.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:15 PM

I don't think calling is so bad either. I'd have to hit the flop to continue though, otherwise I'm folding to any decent bet. OK it's a bit fishy....But, if I do hit, i'm probably going to get my chips in as I'd be less worried about AA or KK.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:56 PM

I think we are committing a bit much of your stack into a pot that will be more than 50% of our stack with AK OOP to make calling a good option. I fold.

Barry