Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: mass effect

I wish they would make something like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for the 360. That game [censored] ruled.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish they would make something like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for the 360. That game [censored] ruled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it, but it was so damn short and WAY too easy IMO. If they made it like 10 times longer w/ the ability to actually have so customizability it would be a great game.

These guys put out such sick games. I can't wait for this to come out. Between this and Assassins Creed I'm not going to have a life.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:39 AM

some k-marts have broken street date for this game, if anyone is interested in picking this up early.

YMMV
Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it, but it was so damn short and WAY too easy IMO. If they made it like 10 times longer w/ the ability to actually have so customizability it would be a great game.

These guys put out such sick games. I can't wait for this to come out. Between this and Assassins Creed I'm not going to have a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking of the right game? Dark Alliance was very challenging on hard, and one of the most challenging games I've played on the insane difficulty unlocked after Drizzit's minigame - especially if you start out a new character. It was also a reasonable length game, with a ton of replayability. You might be thinking of the sequel. It was short, easy, bland characters with lame skills, bland story and it lost all the fun gameplay of the original.

In any case, none of those games were developed by Bioware. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 were developed by Bioware, and only published by Black Isle. Dark Alliance 1 was developed by Snowblind Studios. Dark Alliance 2 was developed by an 'unknown' internal studio from Black Isle apparently an experiment with 'streamlined' development - that didn't turn out so hot. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking of the right game? Dark Alliance was very challenging on hard, and one of the most challenging games I've played on the insane difficulty unlocked after Drizzit's minigame - especially if you start out a new character. It was also a reasonable length. You might be thinking of the sequel. It was short, easy, bland characters with lame skills, bland story and it lost all the fun gameplay of the original.

In any case, none of those games were developed by Bioware. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 were developed by Bioware, and only published by Black Isle. Dark Alliance 1 was developed by Snowblind Studios. Dark Alliance 2 was developed by an 'unknown' internal studio from Black Isle apparently an experiment with 'streamlined' development - that didn't turn out so hot. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I could be mistaken. The one I played was on the PS2 and was reasonably fun w/ two players, but was really easy and short (about 3 hrs to beat the game, WTF???). Were the other games only released on PC?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 PM

Dark Alliance took me and one other person probably close to 20hrs to beat. Maybe even more time.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM

I can't find the review, but according to gamerankings.com there's one review in so far from Gameinformer, a 9.75.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:50 PM

This isn't an fps, and it doesn't multiplayer so I don't see what it has to do with halo.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't an fps, and it doesn't multiplayer so I don't see what it has to do with halo.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is either an idiot or leveling. Either way ignore that halo comment.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking of the right game? Dark Alliance was very challenging on hard, and one of the most challenging games I've played on the insane difficulty unlocked after Drizzit's minigame - especially if you start out a new character. It was also a reasonable length. You might be thinking of the sequel. It was short, easy, bland characters with lame skills, bland story and it lost all the fun gameplay of the original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I could be mistaken. The one I played was on the PS2 and was reasonably fun w/ two players, but was really easy and short (about 3 hrs to beat the game, WTF???). Were the other games only released on PC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yip, that sounds just about like the sequel. If you had any fun at all playing, you really HAVE to try the original Dark Alliance. Such a great game. Imagine everything about the sequel (except item crafting) only improved by several magnitudes, especially the boss fights.

And yeah, the original Baldur's Gates RPGs were PC only (and some of the best RPGs to date IMO). Bioware's big break (ignoring MDK2) into console gaming was with Knights of the Old Republic.