Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: I think I found my new computer chair...

[ QUOTE ]
The suits above your monitors are gay as hell imo

[/ QUOTE ]

That pic was posted by some dude in my loft pics thread. Link for vanity: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...2&fpart=all

fwiw I don't mind the suits. The chair looks good too.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:12 PM

I agree the suits look pretty ridiculous (even if they're not yours), though, chair doesn't look horrible, other than the top headpiece thing which looks so out of place.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:30 PM

isnt the spade lop-sided?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:13 AM

I had 2 of the Herman Millers. Now say with a high pitched whiny voice a la Damon Wayans... Hated it. Found it very uncomfortable. I have since gotten chairs from Relax the Back store and got it in fabric. Fully adjustable, you don't stick to it and my dog can't f it up. Extremely comfortable. Definitely need to sit in it and judge. Need to protect the back, man.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:34 AM

I just bought the ergo-human because I'm suffering from sciatica. It is [censored] great. I like it better than the aeron's I've sat in and for the price, I think it's probably one of the best deals on the market.

It's really well made, easy to put together and super adjustable. It took me a little while to get used to but I love it now. I ordered from the human solution btw and was really happy with the service.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:39 AM

also anybody that thinks spending $500-1000 on a chair is silly should really reconsider. Developing sciatica or some other lower back issues can really [censored] up a lot of day to day things, like not being able to sit in a movie theater for two hours because there is pain shooting down your leg and your toes are starting to go numb [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Before you invest in a 2nd 24" monitor, do yourself a huge favour and get a decent chair.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:47 AM

how do you know if your chair isn't decent? when im at home i sit in my chair all the time, but i don't feel uncomfortable or anything.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 AM

BDub, how goes it? I might be coming out to your neck of the woods again in the next few months! Thanks for the info on the chair, I'll take a look at their website as well. Again, as you said, I really want to be able to sit in the chair before I buy it, obviously, for the exact reason you mentioned...Herman Miller's are loved by many, but there are also quite a few that LOATHE them, therefore, testing is paramount to me buying a $500+ chair.

Neko, thanks for the info...that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. I'm definitely leaning that direction.

And Vyse...it's all about comfort bro. If you don't feel fatigued/sore/etc. after putting in a long session, then I'm thinking your chair is fine. YMMV.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 AM

anyone know anything aboout the freedom or liberty chair?

a local store has them, wondering what kind of reviews they get, haven't been able to find too much either good or bad about them online.

http://www.humanscale.com/products/freedom_chair.cfm
Old 11-25-2007, 09:43 AM

wow, this chair looks very comfortable. I have a Herman Miller - Aeron Chair and actually like it alot. The materials they use are very well made and I would highly recommend it to anyone that sits in their computer chair more than 4 hours a day. I too was hesitant on spending $700 on a chair, but it is an investment well worth making. The best way I can describe it is getting that 2nd or 3rd monitor...you wonder how you lived without it.

The reason I would strongly consider the chair you mentioned, is because of the head-rest. The fact that I don't have to special order it from online is also a plus. I may just goto office depot or a local store and try it out. Thanks for the post and sharing.

To others that have the Aeron Chair, how does this other chair compare? I love my Aeron and never thought I would change, but I am willing to check out this new chair.