Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: I \"ran\" a red light, cop sucks at pulling me over (mspaint + tl;dr

A+++ would read again.

As a fellow cheapo/aggro driver/cop hater I feel this story is underappreciated. It really makes you wonder about the mental facilities of this cop. I seriously think that, even if he were to catch up with you and make a charge of evading or something, you could make a case that "surely he wasn't trying to pull me over, I was in plain sight!"

also, I don't see how they could send you a ticket in the mail? but obv, IANAL
Old 08-23-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: I \"ran\" a red light, cop sucks at pulling me over (mspaint + tl;dr

Good use of MSPaint and entertaining story; however you suck at running red lights A-
Old 08-23-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you're out of your car the cop can't do [censored] to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored], I'm diving out my side window next time a cop catches me speeding
Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt even think that what you descibed is running a red light.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure techinically it was. It definetely wasn't anything you'd ever think twice about.. but a cop that has to meet quota by the end of the month might be a dick about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
what? no, if you're already halfway through the intersection when it goes red you're home free, right?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:24 AM

In California, if any part of your car is in the intersection, meaning across the line (not the closest line of the crosswalk, but the intersection line) then you are NOT running a red light. If the story happened exactly as you told it, you most definitely did not run a red light. Of course, that doesn't mean that the cop didn't *think* that you ran the light.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In California, if any part of your car is in the intersection, meaning across the line (not the closest line of the crosswalk, but the intersection line) then you are NOT running a red light. If the story happened exactly as you told it, you most definitely did not run a red light. Of course, that doesn't mean that the cop didn't *think* that you ran the light.

[/ QUOTE ]
then you go to court, the cop doesn't show, and you get off.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the same in Iowa, I think its very standard. I also though everyone knew that if you entered the intersection on yellow you were good to go.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
then you go to court, the cop doesn't show, and you get off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: Cops now get overtime pay to show up in court. Meaning that they WILL show up.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM

If you were not speeding, its OK to enter an intersection on yellow, even if the light turns red while you are still in the intersection. It is only running a red light if you enter the intersection when the light is red.

My guess is that he just wanted to pull you over and flex his pig muscles for a while "listen to my authora-tie!" style, run you for warrants and let you go. Once you were parked he probably decided it might be more fun to get a doughnut instead.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the same in Iowa, I think its very standard. I also though everyone knew that if you entered the intersection on yellow you were good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. As soon as your front axle crosses the stop line, you're g2g.