Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-21-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

I never doubted the Lakers was bad; from the way it seems they're on pace with a 6th seed or so that I had projected them to be.

I hope Kwame sits out indefinitely for infinitely so Bynum can start pwning btches d-low
Old 11-21-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

[ QUOTE ]
The key to all this IMO is not just the shooting but the fact that the Lakers might have the best bench in the league right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Farmer, Mo Evans (Ariza now), Radmanovic, and two of Turiaf/Bynum/Mihm is a great 2nd unit.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Didn't Ariza smoke the Lakers last year?

I guess I am happy for this trade, I don't really know enough to have an informed opinion.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:27 PM

I was at the Nets-Lakers game last night, it was absolutely brutal. Kobe couldn't hit the broadside of a barn (as Chick would say) until five minutes left in the game and then he just went off.

Some observations:

- Vujacic and Radmanovic are awful. They can't do anything other than hit standstill jumpers and foul people. Vujacic goes hard on defense, but I'm not sure he knows how to stay in front of anybody. He pressures the ball like crazy, but he never really comes up with a steal and often just gets beat off the dribble.

- Phil Jackson has the most bizarre substitution patterns. I just don't get it, it seems random. Fisher is 6/6 from the field, yet he sits out an entire quarter when the entire team is off. And I know that he doesn't like calling timeouts so that his players can "figure it out", but that doesn't seem smart when you don't have a single starter on the floor.

- Bynum looks really good. He has really strong hands and he looks insanely comfortable with his jump hook. Kobe gave him an awful lob pass into the post and Bynum basically tore off Shawne Williams arm to haul it in. He had six or seven boards in the first quarter, but he seemed to tire quickly and stopped going as hard on the glass. The biggest thing that I noticed is that he is awful at changing direction. He can get from point A to point B quickly, but he can't really adjust on the fly.

- Vince Carter is really good at drawing fouls. He just knows how to react to contact to sell the foul and how to throw himself into the defender.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- Vince Carter is really good at drawing fouls. He just knows how to react to contact to sell the foul and how to throw himself into the defender.

[/ QUOTE ]
good observations but in general they are well known ;p
Old 11-27-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
good observations but in general they are well known ;p

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, nothing groundbreaking. I probably could've told you all these things before I went to the game. I meant to go into more detail with things, but I got lazy. You see a lot of little things when you are up close, but it's hard to articulate.

I honestly had forgotten how bad Vujacic was though. I don't understand why he's ever on the floor.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:36 AM

taraz,
How good was your seats? Up close? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I've been saying how much Sasha sucks since the first day he comes on board. Can't believe we wasted a first round pick on that POS, and thank goodness Cook is gone everytime I see him I don't see a big black guy who can only shoot treys, but just a 1st round pick surrounding him, and those that we could have gotten instead of Cook:
Leandro Barbosa
Josh Howard
Mo Will

ASDAGSTRH%ETRGERDFGFCSCDF
Old 11-27-2007, 02:41 AM

I was sitting right above the locker room tunnel. Probably the closest I've ever been.

Agreed 100% on Sasha and Cook. I just figured going to the game was a good excuse to bitch about him some more.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never doubted the Lakers was bad; from the way it seems they're on pace with a 6th seed or so that I had projected them to be.

I hope Kwame sits out indefinitely for infinitely so Bynum can start pwning btches d-low

[/ QUOTE ]

is english you first language?