Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to just jump in here and post without reading super thoroughly but this is the first time I've tried moving money in the post-Neteller era and I'm completely lost (feels like a new world order).

I simply want to move money from Stars/FTP over into Pinnacle in the least hassle possible

Can anyone give me heads up on an easier way then taking a check from snail mail?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what eWallets Pinny takes...Moneybookers is your best bet if they have it. Click2Pay would be my next choice, but Stars doesn't take C2P, only FT does.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:40 AM

Moneybookers is probably your best option. All 3 of the sites mentioned accept it and with some quick verifications you can get the limits to a level high enough for sports wagering amounts. MB is actually what I used to transfer funds from my poker accounts to sports books a few weeks ago.

1) Open Moneybookers account. Do the address verification right off the bat. They just mail you a 4 digit code in the mail. You get it in under 7 days and it increase your limits.

2) Get a small amount of money loaded on to Moneybookers.

3) Buy into both Stars and FTP for the min amount. At Stars it is $10. You need to have successfully made a deposit using MB before you can cash out using MB.

4) Cash out from Stars and FTP and buy into Pinnacle.

Step #2 is the one I found hardest. You can load funds using a CC but you need to verify it via the normal small deposit amount. You can wire money to them but there are fees and I only needed $10 to do my Stars min deposit.

Bobo suggest PokerSavvy. If you sign up for a new site via their website you earn points which you can then turn into $45 on MB. If you start today you might make the cut off of Thursday but most likely you'd have to wait till next Thursday.

While doing that I discovered that Absolute would let you cash out to Moneybookers without first making a deposit via MoneyBookers. So you can deposit $75 on that site and play for 2 days then cash out. You need to put in some play and wait 48 hours and the min cash out is $50.

Third option is find someone who will trade you $10 on MB for $10-15 on Stars and use that to make your min deposit.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 PM

My (isolated) horrible experience with InstaDebit.

I had withdrawn $745 US from Titan Poker to InstaDebit. So far so good. I then proceeded to withdraw the $745 US from InstaDebit to my bank account. The next day I was only credited $727 CAD. My ensuing live chat support session:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for choosing INSTADEBIT, someone will be with you momentarily.
You have been connected to Bradley G.
Bradley G: Hello, how may I help you?
Customer: Hi, i recently withdrew $745 USD to my checking account, but was only credited with $727 CAD
Bradley G: That is a currency issue that must be resolved with the specific merchant. Please contact the website that you withdrew the money from.
Customer: no, i withdrew from INSTADEBIT
Bradley G: Did you withdrawal the money from your bank account using instadebit? Or did you withdrawal from a merchants website using instadebit, wanting to deposit into your bank account?
Customer: i withdrew *from* instadebit *to* my bank account
Customer: there was no merchant inlvolved
Bradley G: What website did use to get 745 American dollars, to put into your bank account?
Customer: Titan Poker
Customer: all 745 was in my InstaDebit
Bradley G: Titan Poker is the merchant, please contact Titan Poker regarding the currency issue.
Customer: this isn't a currency issue, this is an InstaDebit issue
Customer: all the money was perfectly withdrawn from Titan Poker to InstaDebit
Customer: however, InstaDebit, didn't credit my bank account for the full 745
Bradley G: One moment please.
Customer: you can see it clearly in my transaction history
Bradley G: Instadebit simply transferees the money that we are given. We do not convert the money for you nor do we charge anything. Please contact Titan Poker with issues regarding why you only received 727 Canadian dollars.
Bradley G: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: I RECEIVED 745 FROM TITAN
Customer: I DID NOT RECEIVE 745 FROM INSTADEBIT
Bradley G: Please contact Titan Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I then asked Bradley if he could comprehend English. To this he did not reply. I assume the answer would be "no."

<u>I have previously withdrawn from InstaDebit to my bank account *perfectly*</u> (proper $ amount and currency exchange). I would assume this is probably just an accounting error.

I then proceeded to call InstaDebit support. Fortunately, the lady on the phone did understand English. She says she will send an e-mail to security and I should get an answer the next business day. Hopefully, I'll also get my $18 USD someday.

Lesson: InstaDebit problems? Always use the phone because the service reps. (surprisingly) aren't outsourced and speak perfect English and the live chat operators can't seem to even read English.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Hey mediocre,Instadebit $50 to Ultimate Bet,withdraw the $50 to Moneybookers stick the $50 onto stars withdraw your roll back to Moneybookers,stick your roll onto pinny.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:26 PM

Below is the follow-up e-mail from InstaDebit security.

[ QUOTE ]
The INSTADEBIT exchange rate is determined each day by INSTADEBIT and is based on a number of factors, such as currency volatility, transaction clearing times, and spot currency rate. The INSTADEBIT rate may differ from the "spot rate" offered by your bank and includes a conversion fee.

Please feel free to e-mail us at security@instadebit.com with any further questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Currency volatility"? Are they docking me because the CAD may surpass the USD in the future??

"Transaction clearing times"? The payment was credited to my bank account the next day. It's not like InstaDebit has to pay someone to watch the status of my withdrawal.

What the hell is this "conversion fee"? I've withdrawn before and there definitely wasn't a "conversion fee."

I love how it says on InstaDebit's home page:
[ QUOTE ]
There are no transaction fees ever charged to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 10:55 AM

Great info in both of the threads.

In the OP Moneybookers is listed as one of the accepted depositting method at microgaming sites. I'm attempting to deposit appr. $200 at sunpoker &amp; intepoker but I cannot find the option for Moneybookers. Is Moneybookers only accepted by special request or is it for a select few microgaming sites?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:20 PM

Sun and Interpoker are Cryptologic sites (not Microgaming).
Old 10-04-2007, 01:15 PM

Oops, thx for the info. I guess I'll stick with ipoker then.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 PM

Guys,

This thread is huge and I'm a little late to the party so bear with me. I've played exclusively at Full Tilt for the past 6 months and Party for several years prior using only their EFT so I wasn't Neteller dependent.

Now I would like to move my play to Stars. I'm looking into Moneybookers vs. ePassport. Moneybookers seems the way to go as their fees appear to be much less than ePassport's $5/$100.

Am I missing something obvious? Is one a significantly better option. I'm clearly not very bright because this thread overwhelms me. Any assistance?

EDIT: Although I will likely stick to Stars is one of Moneybookers or ePassport better in terms of being accepted at more sites?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:58 PM

I would say Moneybookers is much more common then ePassporte. I haven't seen any sites that have ePassporte but no Moneybookers but plenty of sites have Moneybookers and no ePassporte. If you ever plan to bet on sports you'll need Moneybookers.

EPassporte has an ATM card and is much easier to get funds loaded on to. The ATM card is pretty useless though as the limit is way too low $300/500.