Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Ultimate Chalupa trip report (with pics)

My stomach has been feeling non-horrible these past few days. So, I decided to stick with my post from yesterday and get some Ultimate Chalupas.

I tried to sneak out but one of my coworkers nabbed me and gave me $5 to get him a few SSTs (steak soft tacos). No biggie. Light traffic and not much of a drive-thru line for 12:30 and I am back to the office in no time.

My order: chicken Ultimate Chalupa combo with a fruit punch and a steak UC on the side. I have high hopes as this Taco Bell is in a nice area and has rarely let me down even at 2am on a Sunday morning. Let's see what is behind wrapper #1....

Steak! Oh my. So many colors!!! The guac + sour cream combo gives it a slightly mushy texture...but it is warm, fresh and quite yummy. I am pleasantly surprised.

On to the chicken....

OK, gross. The first thing that comes to mind is that I might be chowing down on a Baby's Ass PaPoopa.... but I chow down anyway. Somewhat more mushy than the steak... but still very fresh and not too bad.

Conclusion:
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] guac and I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] sour cream but I think mine were overkilled a little bit. If you got stuck with an old soggy one of these it could be an abysmal failure. Mine were warm and tasty however and I give them 3.5 colon polyps out of 5. Not quite quesadilla/cheesy gordita crunch level of goodness... but something that I hope becomes a menu fixture.

The end!

P.S. I did not win any money with my El Presidente cup. Has anyone ever won a single penny from these promotions?
Old 05-24-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Chalupa trip report (with pics)

Sorry, but I never understood why people take close-up pics of their Taco Bell food and post it on an internet forum as a trip report.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:32 PM

heh ive kinda wanted to try one of these.
how much did one cost?
Old 05-24-2006, 03:34 PM

op,

did you just get a new camera?
Old 05-24-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I never understood why people take close-up pics of their Taco Bell food and post it on an internet forum as a trip report.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you won't like my White Castle trip report next week.

Nice pics emotpir. Looks like these would be awesome if they toned down the guac and sour cream just a little bit. Those have to be carefully balanced with other Taco Bell ingredients to get the right effect. I've had many a seven layer burrito spoiled by either too much or too little.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you won't like my White Castle trip report next week.

Nice pics emotpir. Looks like these would be awesome if they toned down the guac and sour cream just a little bit. Those have to be carefully balanced with other Taco Bell ingredients to get the right effect. I've had many a seven layer burrito spoiled by either too much or too little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't either. Do you think I don't know what a White Castle burger looks like?
Old 05-24-2006, 03:51 PM

Ehh post away, I dont mind. I plan on trying one of these soon as well.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:52 PM

i went to taco cabana awhile back and got totally [censored] on my potato and egg tacos. the eggs were hours old and disgusting, same with the potatoes. i think there was even some bacon in the taco on the right (i'm vegetarian). i was so pissed i spent an hour writing a long letter to them about how [censored] up this particular store is. i never mailed it though. i haven't been back since.

Old 05-24-2006, 03:54 PM

I was kidding. There will be no White Castle trip report next week. I'm actually going to Arby's!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:00 PM

[censored] the haters. Excellent trip report. The right amount of information, pictures to show what you actually get if you order one of these and what appears to be a very good analysis to finish it off.

Only thing missing... which I should probably know anyway... How much do these things cost? Or are they the same as a normal Chalupa?