Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Play along hand, trips 287 BB deep (turn)

[ QUOTE ]
a guy with that AF and that PFR shows that hes prone to way overplay hands and draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

His AF is actually pretty meaningless. Guys with low PFR's tend to have high AF's anyway. This is over just 40 hands anyway.

The way I play this depends on the type of hands I have seen him play a big pot with before previously. That being said I'm nearly always 3-betting the flop.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Play along hand, trips 287 BB deep (turn)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a guy with that AF and that PFR shows that hes prone to way overplay hands and draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

His AF is actually pretty meaningless. Guys with low PFR's tend to have high AF's anyway. This is over just 40 hands anyway.

The way I play this depends on the type of hands I have seen him play a big pot with before previously. That being said I'm nearly always 3-betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

PFAF factors into AF. so someone that passive pre has to be insane postflop. or after 40 hands, a huge cardrack
Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Play along hand, trips 287 BB deep (river)

So as AFC said, I didn't trust that AF and figured this was just a loose-passive donk on a rush over 40 hands. When I called the flop, my plan was to bet/raise a safe turn, but then the 41/3 bets pot into a card that wasn't exactly a rag after having min-raised the flop. I'm not sure if I should read that as a strong or weak play, and I had absolutely no idea how to react to a push.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($28.75)</font>
SB ($46.60)
BB ($8.87)
UTG ($2.10)
MP ($8.20)
CO ($19.28)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, SB calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.90) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.6</font>, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($4.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.9</font>, Hero calls $3.90.

River: ($11.90) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets?</font>

Whether my opponent was on a flush draw or had a hand and was trying to bet me off a draw, it's now pretty likely I've been ahead the whole way and just want a weak ten or whatever to pay me off.

Like I said, I played it pretty badly. I probably should be happy to get it in at some point, but it should have started with a 3-bet to 5 on the flop.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Play along hand, trips 287 BB deep (river)

i'd bet about 6-8ish and vom if he raises and prob fold, but i don't know. you know you played it poorly, so it's not worth mentioning, but it's pretty 50/50 here on value town.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Play along hand, trips 287 BB deep

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet and see what happens, call if he shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sucks. Against someone as aggro as he is, if you 3pop the flop he knows you can't be pushed off and is shutting down. The most effective counterstrategy to maniacs is just letting them hang themselves. Call flop, re-eval turn, either calling or raising depending on what happens and how much he bets (and he will bet)
Old 10-23-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Play along hand, trips 287 BB deep

ughhh I really don't like a bet on this river, it really seems like it would turn our hand into a bluff. If villain has A 10 or K 10, I doubt he gives you credit for the naked 8 and folds. However, if he has a lower 10 than you I can't see him c/f here.