Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 PM

Default New Satellite Registration System...

The new Satellite registration system was announced on PokerNews

Pokernews Article

After reading this, it sounds like MORE documentation, MORE hassle and less efficient. It also sounds like once you pick a level you are locked into that level. Example I a seat for a 175 but it turns out that its taking a while to get going. (I'm the only guy there) but the 125 needs 1 guy so normally I'd just go sit at the one thats about to go. Looks like that won't be happening in this "Improved" system. But thank goodness Harrah's will know how many sats I played in and what amounts....
Old 05-22-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: New Satellite Registration System...

I read the article and got excited, then I read your post, and I re-thought the situation. There could be some waits, but then again, there were long waits last year. I do wonder if you are stuck at the table, waiting for it to fill up, or if you can leave or exchange it quickly? Also, I imagine that even though there are always lots of interest, the 3 table sats might take awhile to fill. Who knows?

I do like how they are at least trying to speed it up. I also like the variety of tourneys. And THANK YOU Harrah's for listening to us bottom feeders and giving us back the $65 sats.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:21 PM

Almost forgot. I know there's lots of monies in Vegas, but do you think these will fill up fast?

"$6320 buy-in for one eight-handed table wins 50,000 in Buy-in Chips + $160 in cash"
Old 05-22-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost forgot. I know there's lots of monies in Vegas, but do you think these will fill up fast?

"$6320 buy-in for one eight-handed table wins 50,000 in Buy-in Chips + $160 in cash"

[/ QUOTE ]
I am sure they have some sats to them in a tiered system. I.E.

$150 ---> $800 ---> $6300
Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 PM

This new system sucks. Instead of getting paid right at the table, you have to go to the kiosk, and then back to the cage.

Another horrible thought came to mind - will they issue w2g's to the winners?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This new system sucks. Instead of getting paid right at the table, you have to go to the kiosk, and then back to the cage.

Another horrible thought came to mind - will they issue w2g's to the winners?

[/ QUOTE ]

they can't possibly issue w2g's if they pay in tourney entry lammers....can they?!?!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 AM

I would hope not, but I don't know the details of tax law. If you enter a tournament with them, it can be said that you got $1500 (or whatever) in value from them. Even worse if you sell them.

It's enough to make a person think about getting a Players Card under the name of Elvis or Johnny Moss.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And THANK YOU Harrah's for listening to us bottom feeders and giving us back the $65 sats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope they do! The cardplayer article listed $125 as the lowest available buy-in.

Shadow
Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And THANK YOU Harrah's for listening to us bottom feeders and giving us back the $65 sats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope they do! The cardplayer article listed $125 as the lowest available buy-in.

Shadow

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't find anything at www.worldseriesofpoker.com concerning the sats. I wonder what the source was for the 2 articles.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:53 AM

I'm fine with this. My foremost memory from last year was waiting several times for floor to come to the table before we got started. To me that was much worse than cashing and having to walk to a cage/counter to get your winnings. And the registration/tracking is just part of life in 2007. They make us have cards to play so they want to know what we are doing on their properties. Sucks but that is life.

I do believe they can give W2-g's if you cash and receive tournament chips. If you win a car playing slots that value is reported to Uncle Sweetheart, yes? Same theory. But I am not a tax guy so someone who is can tell me I am wrong.