Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Re: I hate schneids

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you learned a valuable lesson in this hand which is much more important than how you actually played the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is what, that schneids is a spazz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, well if youre forcing me to guess what lesson that is, I would say this: When playing against super aggressive opponents who love to make pressure plays, or an opponent that plays like this only against you, and you have a hand with some inherent showdown value already built into it, you should take the line that will lead you to the most showdowns. For example: Imagine how easy this hand wouldve been if you had just called preflop.

Now I realize that schneids is an expert player so your [censored] no matter what you do, but playing your hand in such a way that allows you to see more showdowns is usually going to be the "lesser of all evils" strategy.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:13 AM

Well you're not folding if that's what you're asking.

I wouldn't raise a player like Schneids (as much as I want to here), because he's capable of 3-betting better hands and good draws alike. I'd probably just call this one down.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
live 30/60.
i open in the hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], schneids 3bets from the SB, BB folds, I 4bet, he calls.

flop HU: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
check, i bet, he calls.

turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
schneids bets, I.........

[/ QUOTE ]

.....tanked and was confused because his line made no sense to me, so i folded. he had J8. i think it was soooooted, but i know he didnt have a flush draw on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. When plays make no sense, I'm inclinded to call or raise, not fold. You should think about changing this.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:29 AM

im good!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For example: Imagine how easy this hand wouldve been if you had just called preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't this be a fold then?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For example: Imagine how easy this hand wouldve been if you had just called preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't this be a fold then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Youve never smooth called with a big ace in position and called down like a pro before?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does he have that he plays this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], AcQc, AcJc, and 99 are some possibilities.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:54 PM

There are a ton of hands he could have had, and it's really hard to think he would be so foolish to three bet with J8o, then call a flop bet with no pair, no draw. I think you made the right play by folding. You showed considerable strenght and yet he still bets into you. Most times this indicates a hand far better than yours.

Turns out Schneids is a donkey fish. Now you know.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The way you counter a tough tricky but loose player is to play better starters than him and build the pot early when you have a strong hand. Then you find ways to see showdowns cheaply with medium strength hands, fold when the board is really bad, and get value when you make a strong hand. Of course, the good player knows how to read hands and gets extra bets when he flops good and pays off less with weak hands. But you've neutralized his bluffing capabilities significantly. Now you counter-adjust by mixing in a few well-timed bluffs and a few well-timed laydowns, only after establishing an image that you are a straightforward player.

I don't promise you such a strategy is going to give you an edge over Schneids, but it does limit very much how well he can do against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

except that perhaps we can assume that Schneids is sharp enough to see when P-Bob is getting frustrated and trying to go from weak-tight to call-down-with-anything-reasonable mode.
Schneids has to realize that P-Bob is going to call-down more because P-Bob is thinking that Schneids might be 3-betting with J8o again.

In fact, maybe this was the reason he likes to 3-bet with J8o in the first place. Not just for the payoff on that hand but to induce future spewage.
But it's probably just because Schneids likes to play crazy!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:22 PM

Don't cap, but know you probably started with a stronger hand. Will counteract his spewing sb play. And make it easier to play on future streets.
that being said i would cap this everytime from button.