Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 11:47 PM

Default On 3-betting ranges

Staying in theme with the recent squeezing threads....

I have been lurking a lot and slowly getting back into some NL games. Thinking about my PF 3-betting range I realized it is one of the most exploitable parts of my game. The idea of 3-betting with anything I can flop big with makes me puke since I am hurting my implied odds and might even have to end up mucking PF.

Are there merits to 3-betting with a hand like 66 that I am missing or do the resident beasts stick to lower class hands like K5s or things along those lines.

Sorry for the vague post, I could post some hands where I have 66 in position and 55 OOP but I think you get the idea.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:14 AM

Default Re: On 3-betting ranges

depends on the opponent. Some people will give up almost always to a pf 3bet so you cn do it semifrequently and steal money with no flop. Others fold the flop almost always so you can just CB. Others have such a high pfr that reraising with 66 is for value. Etc etc etc.

You want to do it with hands that are unlikely to be dominated OR hands that are total air. Don't do it with something like KT where the flop can come king high and you are lost.